BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Love the effort! I was just thinking about making something to kind of represent the different orders and seeing which equipment combinations are the most popular. Already you are getting great info about where the buyers are and which color people prefer, that’s very cool.

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
239 Posts
My dealer says that no slot / delivery dates will be known before January. For now it’s just allocated to Jan’22 batch but waiting factory confirmation. Order was made around a month ago without any part limitation (with m seats with bolsters and lumbar) and entered into the system, so in principle it should be accepted by the factory. Also confirmed that at the moment there is no inductive charger limitation on i4 but other BMW models currently have limitations.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The US allotment starts in June 2022 and my reservation is in "Summer 2022", so I'm expecting late August/early September at best, I'll have more time to "savor the wait" through research and also save up my money. Not counting that it gives time to the pitiful charging infrastructure of the south-eastern U.S.A. to improve... Thank you all for posting the great data, it helps keep my excitement level high through the ever-ending wait.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually according to the BMW website delivery in the US starts in March. The first group is supposed to guarantee delivery by the end of June. The second is from July to whenever I guess

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just heard from my BMW dealer in Charlotte, North Carolina, that the US dealers will take part in a webinar on November 9-10 to inform them of the process for US orders of the i4. He believes that we will then be able to make our orders and he will call me.

The BMWUSA site still does not have a configurator, though I can still configure in 50 other countries, so no mystery about the options. I hope some of them are available in the US when the drumroll ends and I can order.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is great news. Thank you for posting. Hopefully once they get to it, the will go through the list quickly. We still don't know how may people are on the waiting list, the last we heard was that after the first month there were around 1000 orders for the iX and 2000 for the i4. But it is safe to say that the line up is not that great as BMW is mum on the subject. But I would estimate around 5,000-7,000 units, which means about 15-20 cars for each of their 341 dealerships give or take. So assuming they can "host" (I stopped short of using the word "process") 2-3 customers a day, we won't have to wait too long once they are trained, certainly not past the end of November. Of course I could be way off the mark. What do you all think?

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is great news. Thank you for posting. Hopefully once they get to it, the will go through the list quickly. We still don't know how may people are on the waiting list, the last we heard was that after the first month there were around 1000 orders for the iX and 2000 for the i4. But it is safe to say that the line up is not that great as BMW is mum on the subject. But I would estimate around 5,000-7,000 units, which means about 15-20 cars for each of their 341 dealerships give or take. So assuming they can "host" (I stopped short of using the word "process") 2-3 customers a day, we won't have to wait too long once they are trained, certainly not past the end of November. Of course I could be way off the mark. What do you all think?
Me to BMW.

Cartoon Vertebrate Organ Organism Mammal

·
Registered
MB GLA
128 Posts
I just heard from my BMW dealer in Charlotte, North Carolina, that the US dealers will take part in a webinar on November 9-10 to inform them of the process for US orders of the i4. He believes that we will then be able to make our orders and he will call me.

The BMWUSA site still does not have a configurator, though I can still configure in 50 other countries, so no mystery about the options. I hope some of them are available in the US when the drumroll ends and I can order.
Hummm bizar because normally they implement the configurator in first to give the opportunity to the client to make their choice and then be ready to place their order as we are in Canada.:unsure:
Please keep us posted.
So if you place your order in a week we will probably place ours very soon (y) but it is not mean that I will get my i40 earlier :( Shiiiiiit!

·
Registered
117 Posts
@gsbaker , look at the bright side of things ;); e.g. I waited until the contingent "March-to-June" was sold out, THEN I placed my deposit, so that I don't get the first ever run of a brand new car. Hopefully they'll listen to customer feedback and they'll have time to do a number of fixes before they start the 2nd batch, and my car would be a bit better for that - though I'll wait a few months more :cry:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts