BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
@gsbaker , look at the bright side of things ;); e.g. I waited until the contingent "March-to-June" was sold out, THEN I placed my deposit, so that I don't get the first ever run of a brand new car. Hopefully they'll listen to customer feedback and they'll have time to do a number of fixes before they start the 2nd batch, and my car would be a bit better for that - though I'll wait a few months more :cry:
I did not worry about being in the first run if the model, since the i4 is built on the body of the 4 series gran coupe, which came out in 2020.

In 2022 they started building the 430i and 440i on the same assembly line before the i4. Even then we in the US follow deliveries to Europe. Altogether the assembly line will be running six months before they build my car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just read this article mainly about prize increases to i4 and iX Jekker opp prisene på BMWs elbil-favoritter (Norwegian)

Says abit down in the article that Norway has been exempt from the february launch of the i4, and the first cars will be delivered to customers in december. Good news for people that placed their order in june i guess. 😄

Its NAF (Norwegian car owner association) that owns motor.no so this should be as credible as it gets.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just read this article mainly about prize increases to i4 and iX Jekker opp prisene på BMWs elbil-favoritter (Norwegian)

Says abit down in the article that Norway has been exempt from the february launch of the i4, and the first cars will be delivered to customers in december. Good news for people that placed their order in june i guess. 😄

Its NAF (Norwegian car owner association) that owns motor.no so this should be as credible as it gets.
Great Info!

All contracts signed before 31 October will receive the price that applied at the time of the contract
I hope that this will be the same in other countries

BMW does not provide more details about the sale than that a four-digit number of cars of both i4 and iX have been sold.
Do you think this is only for Norway? (i think it's ww)

we can unfortunately not deliver cars until the first quarter of 2023 due to : the very high demand.
That is why the price adjustment is coming now, taking into account increased raw material prices and other factors through 2022 (...)
BMW does not raise the price of the iX xDrive40
It doesn't make any sense, it seems like bullshit

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just heard from my BMW dealer in Charlotte, North Carolina, that the US dealers will take part in a webinar on November 9-10 to inform them of the process for US orders of the i4. He believes that we will then be able to make our orders and he will call me.

The BMWUSA site still does not have a configurator, though I can still configure in 50 other countries, so no mystery about the options. I hope some of them are available in the US when the drumroll ends and I can order.
Just talked to my sales rep, and he confirmed the same - training for sales reps on November 9-10. He did mention that the configurator is scheduled to go-live for USA on November 11. The sales reps will be able to take and submit orders beginning November 11, and they will begin to make calls to customers that made pre-orders - in sequence of when those pre-orders were made - i.e., no line jumping!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just talked to my sales rep, and he confirmed the same - training for sales reps on November 9-10. He did mention that the configurator is scheduled to go-live for USA on November 11. The sales reps will be able to take and submit orders beginning November 11, and they will begin to make calls to customers that made pre-orders - in sequence of when those pre-orders were made - i.e., no line jumping!
Great news!

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
218 Posts
Good stuff
I hope Canada will be taking orders around the same time frame. My sales guy previously mentioned sometime in November and I am waiting on an email from him ref same, as I already know what I want and I want to get the order in, hehe

·
Registered
Audi Q5 -> i4 M50
1 Posts
Add:
  • Interior
  • Vehicle replaced
  • First EV status
  • Member's Race (time until delivery!)

👉 Don't forget to tell us your delivery date!​

FYI, current typical I4 buyer profile:
  • Norwegian
  • I4 M50, Portimao Blue, Vernasca Black interior
  • Replacing an ICE BMW
  • Ordered: August 2021
  • Delivery: April 2022
Thats me in a nutshell, except Im replacing an Audi q5. Are there statistics on how many orders are blue? If "everyone" orders blue I think I will change to orange..

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have been wondering about the colors for the I4. I've seen the orders in Europe for frozen and metallic portimao blue, while on bmwusa there was a different color called tanzanite blue instead of frozen portimao.

Alas, the usa site has withdrawn tge tanzanite.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have been wondering about the colors for the I4. I've seen the orders in Europe for frozen and metallic portimao blue, while on bmwusa there was a different color called tanzanite blue instead of frozen portimao.

Alas, the usa site has withdrawn tge tanzanite.
Wouldn’t those just be individual color special orders?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Let's go for 2023:
Colorfulness Rectangle Font Parallel Tints and shades

with the other information available, we can estimate that production capacity is <20,000 vehicles per year, and that 1:3 are for Scandinavian countries

21 - 40 of 78 Posts