BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
@JST1963 , I think @Mycroft 's graph is order dates. Mine is in "summer of 2022" in the USA, so I'm just enjoying the rumors and chatter. Configurator is not even up over here, we expect it next week 18-nov-2021. But then again, having the car in 8-10 months' time will leave more time to Electrify America and EVGo and ChargePoint to clean up their charger availability issues, for the $7.5B just authorized by the White House to start showing as improvements to a sorely lacking charging network, and even time for Tesla to open their network to us non-Tesla owners (we all know the real reason they will do it is to get some of the $7.5B, the greatest motivation for a capitalist company!!!)

·
Registered
270 Posts
What have your elven eyes seen?
Yes, @Mycroft , please elaborate and please don't tell me they shut down or reduce the hours of the Munich factory! The early pictures did show all the employees fully masked, and Germany has been a leader in vaccinations. I did see as well the so-called "4th wave" of Covid-19 in Germany, but the news in the US mention it is spreading among the unvaccinated. My company in the US decreed that all employees not able to show proof of vaccination will be suspended without pay as of 8-december-2021, so hopefully BMW has taken an earlier lead along these lines to protect their employees (and their production rates for us!).

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Yes, @Mycroftplease elaborate and please don't tell me they shut down or reduce the hours of the Munich factory!
I shouldn't have mentioned this: I don't know what will happen.
but at the moment the epidemic is very active in Eastern Europe, Germany is already at a high level and it will probably not get any better with the end of year celebrations.
Brown World Tree Map Art

(green ok, red:ko)

·
Registered
270 Posts
@Mycroft , really great information as is typical of your posts. Interesting that Germany is actually behind the rest of Western Europe in terms of vaccinations. Let's just hope that Oliver Zipse is right and that BMW won't have to shut down its Munich factory. We do live in a complicated world. By the way, the US is coming to terms with "living with Covid", everything is open, there is a strong push from private and public companies to force their employees to vaccinate and masks are "encouraged but not mandatory" everywhere. Letting natural selection do its thing...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not high enough it seems. Mine is the first car to be delivered at the dealership. I think production rates are a lot lower than BMW are letting on. Be interesting to see how other buyers dates are impacted.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts