BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
When you compare Belgium with the UK, than there are more BMW sold in Belgium in relation to the number of inhabitants (numbers from 2020)

CountryInhabitantsBMW's soldRatio
Belgium11.500.00035.4601/324
Germany83.240.000240.9681/345
UK67.220.000114.9361/585
USA329.500.000278.7321/1182

So, on average, we sell more BMW's per head than in the UK. So Belgium must have a higher priority!!! :unsure:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm actually OK for the US to trail behind, we need time for our charging infrastructure to build up to Europe's level, and I hope that by the time I get my car, Tesla would have opened up their charging network to all cars (to get a piece of the $7.5B approved by Congress).

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
218 Posts
In the US BMW sales are 1/1200 of population, so not their favorite market.
I'm by no far, an economics kinda guy or anything but tariffs and market has something to do with it.
I noticed a couple of years ago when i got my bmw k1600b mc , it was pretty well the same price in the US as compared to here in Canada And this go around with the i4 I noticed similar also.
I live in a little small town with a high percentage of older retired Caucasians hehe. Several years ago when I got my bmw convertible, I also noticed, " hey there ain't alot of bmw cars in this town" . I know for a fact, I'm the only one with a BMW mc, but the k1600b bagger is a unique bike in itself. Lol my grandfather who fought in WW2 is prolly rolling in his grave but hopefully as one who liked to drive alot, hopefully he understands , it's all about me driving the ultimate driving machines. Lol

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
218 Posts
If I recall correctly the US is BMWs third largest market, mostly for SUVs. They have a factory there, specialized on that car type. So they can probably sell them without import tariffs.
Maybe so, but like I said , I'm no economics person. But there's a huge difference is the US price and CDN price given the currency difference when their basically the same price.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Got an email from my dealer today: NONE of the i4's that they ordered so far already has a delivery date. And they added: it will not be for the 3rd quarter of 2022 :mad:(n)

61 - 78 of 78 Posts