BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BMW thanks us: despite semiconductors shortage, high prices ensure good margins:

Our profitability is of extreme importance.
The BMW Group is profitable and the company is growing. This is thanks to our customers.
Our BEV sales were even 120% higher year-on-year.
The BMW i4 and BMW iX are pre-ordered several months out.
As expected, Group earnings before tax for the year to the end of September were significantly higher than the previous year.
Third-quarter vehicle sales were lower than the prior-year quarter due in part to the ongoing semiconductor supply bottlenecks.
Despite the decrease in volumes due to the supply bottlenecks, EBIT for the third quarter rose by nearly 19% to 1.76 billion euros.

Registered
Great job and great info @Mycroft

[Off topic] I was looking at The BMW i4 Reservation Tracking List that now has 190 entries. It would be nice if we has some summaries or pie charts of the orders or preferences of our Members. Like...
We have 500 members 400 (80%) ordered (or planning to buy) the M50, 15% the e40M and 5% the e40.
42,3333% chosen frozen portimao blue, 16% Sapphire Black...
40% Cognac interior. 22% Black...
56% Laser lights 44% without etc. etc.

Registered
Bravo, mon vieux! @Mycroft

So, 3 out of 4 they are getting the M50.
1 out of 4 is getting Portimao Blue (frozen mostly or metallic) and Aventurine Red is almost non-existent.
More than half will get Black interior (sensatec or leather) and no one is getting ...brown (which I'm considering if I get the black exterior) nor any of the 2 kinds of beige.

There is no data but I'm guessing no one will get the basic non-M look for the e40, that we first saw the car?!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bravo, mon vieux! @Mycroft
Merci mon ami!

Other interesting statistics :
  • 2/3 of buyers are already BMW drivers
  • peak of orders in June, stabilization and now decrease
  • very few buyers from Southern Europe

And I would guess that the data is hardly representative; people who post on car forums are mostly enthusiasts and not normal buyers.
I agree, but the early buyers are mostly all enthusiasts!

Registered
if you're not a bmw enthusiast you get a tesla, otherwise i don't see why paying more
I am not a BMW enthusiast. It is a company car. Tesla is not available in our fleet. If I'd buy a Tesla on my own, I would pay list price. With all the incentives and rebates I get through our fleet the BMW e40 is much cheaper.

Besides, I might not like the Tesla, I never tried one.

Registered
MB GLA
I am not a BMW enthusiast neither but Tesla was not in my list. I don't need a "rocket", I don't car to do 0-100km under 3 sec., bad quality, poor service convince me to not go with them. A friend of me bought a model Y in winter time (January this year), few weeks later no more heat in the car when he was driving to job. He drive the rest of the route with the driver window down and the head outside because the winshield was frozen!!! Imagine he paid CAN$80,000 + taxes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts