BMW i4 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Bimmers,

This forum is an incredible mine of information, I started to copy/paste the best information in a Google Doc.

I'm mostly interested in the technical data, but there is a lot to say: from iDrive8 to the aesthetics of the rims and adaptive suspensions.

Send me a message if you want to participate, we still have a looooooong time to wait.

馃憠 Download pdf
(current draft version, automatically generated)​

Registered
@Mycroft, this is a great idea. I think the data you yourself and others contributed to in thread Data Compilation / Technical Specs and About the secrets of i4 range should fill a few chapters. A lot of good information are also in threads including the phrase "Test Drive". Actually, this parallels the fact that in general Software documentation from the selling companies is so bad the whole "Dummies" series was created, and honestly, the BMW user's manual is just as bad. There must be something about bad technical writers that attract OEMs... Yes, I'd love to contribute.

Registered
Nice idea.
BMW will claim copyright, then steal it and then charge 19,95 for it.
@Lord, we must be talking about a different BMW. The one I know would charge $499 for it... You must be talking about the BMW I bought for my kids, a pass for "Bus, Metro and Walking".

Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
For info: I move the content I published on this forum to the Google doc, it's the same, without the ads

on the other hand, it will be longer than expected, the forum limits the edition and does not allow deleting messages and/or accounts :(

Font Technology Screenshot Rectangle Brand

Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you, Mycroft. This is fantastic.

Just one thing small thing I happened to notice. In the driving test table there is a blank line after acceleration. Should it be labled "braking"?
Indeed, it's "Braking", thx! The doc is in draft state, many chapters are not complete and there is still very few texts (I count on the writing skills of @MinhSATx 馃槆)
Tell me if you want to participate, I'll give you the link to edit the doc

(y)(y)(y) Count me in as well, puh-lease (he said with puppy eyes)

Reactions: 460

Registered
Indeed, it's "Braking", thx! The doc is in draft state, many chapters are not complete and there is still very few texts (I count on the writing skills of @MinhSATx 馃槆)
Tell me if you want to participate, I'll give you the link to edit the doc
Yes, I will gladly help

Registered
Im afraid to help, could be that I modify the wrong stuff, like for example鈥 for me the M50 sport boost is only 5 seconds available and not 10 seconds, this info comes from BMW:
Sport-Boost, boosting performance delivery (+ 50kW and + 65Nm)
for brief 5-second periods

Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im afraid to help, could be that I modify the wrong stuff, like for example鈥 for me the M50 sport boost is only 5 seconds available and not 10 seconds, this info comes from BMW:
Sport-Boost, boosting performance delivery (+ 50kW and + 65Nm)
for brief 5-second periods
thanks, I corrected it, when you have the source of the information there is no problem to modify the document.

Note: the ads and technical data of BMW are based on a use of 5 seconds max, isn't it false advertising?

Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@gsbaker thanks for your corrections!

Don't hesitate to make additions, for my part I put everything I knew about technical stuffs

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.