BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing an official BMW i4 e40 testing vehicle here in California yesterday, I started looking to see what BMW i4 e40s were available in San Remo Green. I found one in California, but it was someone’s order. I found one in Arizona, but it was a test vehicle. I’ll just keep waiting as patiently as I can for my order.

However the dealership in Arizona had some really good photos up on their website of the base i4 e40 with the standard 18” wheels and standard sport package, not the M sport package. The standard sport looks a bit more aerodynamic in my opinion. Enjoy!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Seat belt Motor vehicle Window

Plant Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree. Every time a car is offered in a nice dark metallic green I’m taking it.

My first car, a 10 year old 1993 VW Corrado SLC, was Classic Green Pearl Effect. My 2019 GTI SE is Great Falls Green Metallic and my i4 e40 will be San Remo Green.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, my least favorite color, to put it nicely. :)
As the saying goes, to each his own.

I appreciate that BMW offers real colors for the i4. Too many auto manufacturers just offer shades of white, gray and black. Not everyone wants to drive a boring looking car in some shade of bird poop.🤮

The colors Tesla offers are lame. Many Tesla owners end up wrapping a white car instead of paying extra for an ugly shade of blue or red…

·
Registered
493 Posts
I appreciate that BMW offers real colors for the i4. Too many auto manufacturers just offer shades of white, gray and black. Not everyone wants to drive a boring looking car in some shade of bird poop.🤮

The colors Tesla offers are lame. Many Tesla owners end up wrapping a white car instead of paying extra for an ugly shade of blue or red…
The problem is not that Tesla offers lame colors, though they do. The problem is that Teslas have lame styling. The specific red they use, which I got on my MY, is probably the best of the worst, followed by their blue.

As for BMW, while I do appreciate that they offer a few more colors on the i4, they're not exactly my favorite shades either. I like portmeow blue because it looks nice without screaming for attention. Their red is awful. The fire orange is too look at me, and we already have a look at me car, and is not as good as a true imola or similar red. Then, like you said, you get sixteen versions of mud.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The problem is not that Tesla offers lame colors, though they do. The problem is that Teslas have lame styling. The specific red they use, which I got on my MY, is probably the best of the worst, followed by their blue.

As for BMW, while I do appreciate that they offer a few more colors on the i4, they're not exactly my favorite shades either. I like portmeow blue because it looks nice without screaming for attention. Their red is awful. The fire orange is too look at me, and we already have a look at me car, and is not as good as a true imola or similar red. Then, like you said, you get sixteen versions of mud.
You think it's bad in the US? In Brazil almost every single car is a shade of gray, going from white to black. Every now and then you see a red car. Anything outside that color palette is a unicorn. This is the Google Maps picture of the parking lot of São Paulo International Airport for example:

World Line Urban design Font Red

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So that eliminates the thought I had of mounting a license plate lower on the front grill (mandatory front in NY).
Between the time I spent vacationing, studying abroad, receiving job trading and living in Germany I don’t remember ever seeing a car over there that didn’t have a front license plate. Their license plates are longer than ours, but clearly you can put a license plate in the front without worry of blocking the sensor.👍🏻

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,572 Posts
Between the time I spent vacationing, studying abroad, receiving job trading and living in Germany I don’t remember ever seeing a car over there that didn’t have a front license plate. Their license plates are longer than ours, but clearly you can put a license plate in the front without worry of blocking the sensor.👍🏻
Yes, what I meant was low down on the grill, lower than the stock mounting spot. Too low down on the grill will apparently block the sensors, so that’s a no go. You either have to mount it off center or in the stock mounting area in the center of the grill.

Of course you can roll the dice if you live in an area where a front plate is mandatory and not mount one at all. I’ve never mounted the HOV stickers for my EVs on the car’s body (front & rear bumpers) as required. Instead I’ve mounted them on the inside of the small rear side windows. I’ve passed police many times while in the HOV lane and never got pulled over.

But I suspect not having a front plate might attract more attention than not having your HOV stickers in the proper locations. :unsure:

·
Registered
2022 i4 M50 Tanzanite Blue II 860M AS
110 Posts
In Colorado it’s a class B infraction (civil penalty) with. $100 fine no points. Interestingly though, technically speaking if you mounted off center or in any spot considered not designated by the manufacturer you could be pulled over… granted I doubt many officers/troopers would enforce that as long as it is on the front of your car.

From Colorado law:

DISPLAYED HORIZONTALLY ON THE FRONT OF A MOTOR VEHICLE IN THE LOCATION DESIGNATED BY THE MOTOR VEHICLE MANUFACTURER; (B) MAINTAINED FREE FROM FOREIGN MATERIALS; AND (C) CLEARLY LEGIBLE.

·
Registered
‘22 i4 eDrive40 🍉
75 Posts
…technically speaking if you mounted off center or in any spot considered not designated by the manufacturer you could be pulled over…
Oregon takes a different approach, mandating that the front plate be affixed to the furthest forward point of the vehicle. But again I’m with you in doubting citation for being a bit off-center, as long as it’s not obviously placed to avoid visibility.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts