BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people going for?
With the configurator being live now and finally configured what I fancied.
The 19 inch alloys have a range of 316 miles estimate and going to the 20’s drops that to 267 which is a drop of 50 miles range. I like the flared arches with the 20’s and the look with the larger alloys but is it worth that range loss?

·
Registered
57 Posts
What are people going for?
With the configurator being live now and finally configured what I fancied.
The 19 inch alloys have a range of 316 miles estimate and going to the 20’s drops that to 267 which is a drop of 50 miles range. I like the flared arches with the 20’s and the look with the larger alloys but is it worth that range loss?
It does look cooler but isn’t worth that much loss of range.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an additional thought. I'm assuming you are talking about the M50, given your reference to the 20" tires. We already know that the range of the M50 is in the 245 mile EPA range. Is that assuming 20" tires? Or does the loss you have described going from 19" to 20" take you down from that baseline of 245? Put another way, would 19" tires improve on the EPA range estimate?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an additional thought. I'm assuming you are talking about the M50, given your reference to the 20" tires. We already know that the range of the M50 is in the 245 mile EPA range. Is that assuming 20" tires? Or does the loss you have described going from 19" to 20" take you down from that baseline of 245? Put another way, would 19" tires improve on the EPA range estimate?
We don’t have the 18” as an option on the M50 in the uk so it’s only 19 or 20’s. the loss is going from 19 to 20’s which is a big jump and too big a jump for me I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm just curious, what is the difference in range between the 18" and 19" wheels?
Next to nothing, just one or two miles. Thats because tire width is the same.

Unless you select performance tires -option, which puts you on Pirelli pzeros with serious range drop.

·
Registered
i4 M50
8 Posts
Hi all,

I ordered an M50 with 20 inch wheels. In my opinion this car needs a large wheel. :cool::p

According to my dealer, it will not affect range that much.
Dropping from 316 miles to 267 miles seems huge. Will it really affect range that much?
Where did you get that info?

Cheers,
Philippe

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi all,

I ordered an M50 with 20 inch wheels. In my opinion this car needs a large wheel. :cool::p

According to my dealer, it will not affect range that much.
Dropping from 316 miles to 267 miles seems huge. Will it really affect range that much?
Where did you get that info?

Cheers,
Philippe
If you go to the online configurator, you can change wheels and see at the bottom of the page how it affects the range. For example:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the US configurator open yet? If so, how do you get to it? I have a deposit down but that's all I've done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A US configurator would be welcome. I've played around with the UK configurator, and it has proved instructive. I now understand that things like colors and wheels and interiors are dependent on other choices I make. How much this translates to the US I don't know. Trying to figure out the costs is tricky too because I don't think the prices on the UK site can be directly correlated with US prices. I guess we just wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts