BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Politics is everywhere. As long as we don't attack each other, it's good in my book. Also, whenever I see a forum say, "NO POLITICS!" then quickly it becomes only rightwing politics and conspiracy theories allowed.
That’s funny, I’ve seen it the other way around. Take a look at r/politics on Reddit. It’s only left leaning people even tho it’s called “politics” and not “liberalism”

if you say anything that doesn’t align with the left there, you’re perma banned. I’m a strong freedom of speech person but I don’t even consider myself republican. I’m either just in the middle or a libertarian. So any forum that bans people I don’t like.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,543 Posts
Politics is everywhere. As long as we don't attack each other, it's good in my book. Also, whenever I see a forum say, "NO POLITICS!" then quickly it becomes only rightwing politics and conspiracy theories allowed.
And it's funny, I see it just the opposite. In fact right here on this forum, whenever politics pops up out of nowhere, it's manifested as an anti-Trump comment. I only respond because someone makes a comment that goes unchallenged. We can have two POVs. It happened right here in this thread without any provocation.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That’s funny, I’ve seen it the other way around. Take a look at r/politics on Reddit. It’s only left leaning people even tho it’s called “politics” and not “liberalism”

if you say anything that doesn’t align with the left there, you’re perma banned. I’m a strong freedom of speech person but I don’t even consider myself republican. I’m either just in the middle or a libertarian. So any forum that bans people I don’t like.
Well, I admit, I do avoid reddit. I imagine many of us do as we could be somewhere like this already but on reddit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't be afraid to name dealers that are marking up cars.

Let people know so they can avoid them. Complain to BMW. While BMW can't force them to sell cars at MSRP; they can take away incentives and allocation.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk
BMW of Boston quoted me $2k over MSRP for an i4 M50 configuration I provided.

Tulley BMW in NH offered MSRP, but required a $5k non-refundable deposit

·
Registered
646 Posts
So I was willing to let the politics go, but now I can't.

We had a guy in office that fostered lies from day one with "alternative facts". He dogged Hillary Clinton about emails but didn't turn over boxes of documents at the end of his administration. His whole family used their personal devices while conducting government business.

Lied about widespread voter fraud and lost every case. Whipped up his supporters to try and stop vote counting on Jan 6. The people that claim to support the police; attacked the police.

Trump scammed people with Trump-U and defrauded his charity. Now banned in New York. Lied on loan applications about property valuation and if you and I did that we'd be in jail or close to it.

#45 mishandled the pandemic. hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, injecting light, drink bleach and all the other stupid crap he talked about.

So if you want to compare Hunter Biden against the Trump kids? Let's not forget Ivanka got trademarks in China once daddy got elected. Jared was influence peddling with the Chinese.

Oh and that "perfect" call and #45 blowing Putin is partially why Ukraine is the mess we have.

So stop posting about #45 because sick and tired of snowflakes that can't accept we don't have widespread voter fraud in America and Trump eff'n lost.

I'm just eff'n tired when I watch children dying in Ukraine while my children are safe. I'm tired of #45 claiming that Putin was a genius.

I'm tired of the feckless and duplicitous people that claimed you shouldn't seat a judge during the last year of a presidential term, but sat judges during the election cycle. They wouldn't give Garland a vote.

Elections have consequences, isn't that what we were told? Well they do.

So if the mod wants to delete this and ban me. Go for it because I came here to talk cars but idiots made it politics.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

·
Registered
323 Posts

Full list of #45 people indicted or convicted.

We had a guy in office that fostered lies from day one with "alternative facts". He dogged Hillary Clinton about emails but didn't turn over boxes of documents at the end of his administration. His whole family used their personal devices while conducting government business.

Lied about widespread voter fraud and lost every case. Whipped up his supporters to try and stop vote counting on Jan 6. The people that claim to support the police; attacked the police.

Trump scammed people with Trump-U and defrauded his charity. Now banned in New York. Lied on loan applications about property valuation and if you and I did that we'd be in jail or close to it.

#45 mishandled the pandemic. Hydroxichroquin, ivermectin, injecting light, drink bleach and all the other stupid crap he talked about.

So if you want to compare Hinter Biden against the Trump kids? Let's not forget Ivanka got trademarks in China once daddy got elected. Jared was influence peddling with the Chinese.

Oh and that "perfect" call and #45 blowing Putin is partially why Ukraine is the mess we have.

So stop posting about #45 because sick and tired of snowflakes that can't accept we don't have widespread voter fraud in America and Trump eff'n lost.

I'm just eff'n tired when I watch children dying in Ukraine while my children are safe. I'm tired of #45 claiming that Putin was a genius.

I'm tired of the feckless and duplicitous people that claimed you shouldn't seat a judge during the last year of a presidential term, but sat judges during the election cycle. They wouldn't give Garland a vote.

So of the mod wants to delete this and ban me. Go for it because I came here to talk cars but idiots made it politics.

Just remember being a republican doesn't mean you're a trump supporter. People always conflate the two and this post seems like it.

I wouldn't want you banned even if you disagree with me because that goes against my ideals.

·
Registered
461 Posts

#45 mishandled the pandemic. hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, injecting light, drink bleach and all the other stupid crap he talked about.

So if you want to compare Hunter Biden against the Trump kids? Let's not forget Ivanka got trademarks in China once daddy got elected. Jared was influence peddling with the Chinese.

So if the mod wants to delete this and ban me. Go for it because I came here to talk cars but idiots made it politics.

You are correct........sometime, things must be said or typed in this case. Excellent summation. I too am waiting for my Tanzinite I4 M Sport.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,543 Posts

I could respond to each and every one of these accusations, some of which are nothing more than the typical talking points I hear from the left every day or that sound like they came directly from MSNBC's Rachel Madcow. Of course the use of '#45' comes from the super intelligent, Maxine Waters, who was trying to incite riots at one point. But in the interest of keeping this forum friendly, I won't respond beyond this. Otherwise this can get ugly very fast.

Nice car the i4. :giggle:

·
Registered
646 Posts
You are correct........sometime, things must be said or typed in this case. Excellent summation. I too am waiting for my Tanzinite I4 M Sport.
I drove a Portimao car this past weekend.
I could live with that color if there was no Tanzanite.

Instead of a markup, my dealer gets a few hundred from tinted windows that BMW won't ship to this country and stupid $199 for air. Oh I mean nitrogen in the tires... Air. The air we breathe is 80% nitrogen.

Anyway, I didn't go beyond telling them, I knew it was a rip. But they can have their $200 for air and the $200 markup on window tint. I was going to have the windows done as my first stop and this just means I don't need to. The fact that I don't have to do it is worth a couple.of hundred.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drove a Portimao car this past weekend.
I could live with that color if there was no Tanzanite.

Instead of a markup, my dealer gets a few hundred from tinted windows that BMW won't ship to this country and stupid $199 for air. Oh I mean nitrogen in the tires... Air. The air we breathe is 80% nitrogen.

Anyway, I didn't go beyond telling them, I knew it was a rip. But they can have their $200 for air and the $200 markup on window tint. I was going to have the windows done as my first stop and this just means I don't need to. The fact that I don't have to do it is worth a couple.of hundred.

I think we have the same dealer. So I guess in this current condition we are "forced" to accept this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
BMW of Boston quoted me $2k over MSRP for an i4 M50 configuration I provided.

Tulley BMW in NH offered MSRP, but required a $5k non-refundable deposit
Really? The BMW of Sudbury in MA has been great and has told me they are really trying for MSRP. They also just won a center of excellence award. I did preorder in Sept so not sure if regular orders are now different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m a strong freedom of speech person but I don’t even consider myself republican. I’m either just in the middle or a libertarian. So any forum that bans people I don’t like.
My favorite forums allow very strong freedom of speech and equally strong prohibition of personal attacks. Requires outstanding moderators. If people can just be civil and kind, it makes their job a lot easier.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am part of the $2500 non refundable deposit club. My SA said it would most likely be refundable if I had to back out of the deal. I did not mind the amount at all, part of the down payment is now done. I even consider putting another 2500 down every two months until it arrives, makes the final price a little easier to swallow.

I have started to suffer a mental debate about whether or not I am crazy to spend 85k on a car. I usually buy cars for $1000 and fix em, drive em, and sell em. I would really be spoiling myself buying this, and feel a bit selfish. It is not that we can not afford it, but no matter how I shake it, that is still 85k I could spend on my family some way. When it comes down to it, I could spend half that or less on a really nice M3 or M4... So tell me, am I crazy or not, and why do you think one way or he other?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have started to suffer a mental debate about whether or not I am crazy to spend 85k on a car. I usually buy cars for $1000 and fix em, drive em, and sell em. I would really be spoiling myself buying this, and feel a bit selfish. It is not that we can not afford it, but no matter how I shake it, that is still 85k I could spend on my family some way. When it comes down to it, I could spend half that or less on a really nice M3 or M4... So tell me, am I crazy or not, and why do you think one way or he other?
You're not the only one. I have certainly spent some decent money (my Model 3 was a bit over $50k which was by far the most expensive vehicle I had purchased), but this is another level, and I debate a lot on whether I should actually do it. I can comfortably do it, it's not necessarily a "stretch", it's more of "is it a good idea?". :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Or go look at the price at the gas pumps.
Yeah that can not be the only justification, I could go find a super cheap used leaf or volt, and throw in a reman battery.

What I am really looking for is "your worth it, you work hard, your kids do not need to go to Disney world, it is over rated" stuff like that 😉

21 - 40 of 48 Posts