BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
Yeah that can not be the only justification, I could go find a super cheap used leaf or volt, and throw in a reman battery.

What I am really looking for is "your worth it, you work hard, your kids do not need to go to Disney world, it is over rated" stuff like that 馃槈
Reading about ur one misfortune, I think you deserve it and somehow tying it into ur business makes logical sense. Plus ur availability to charge cheaply is a no Brainer imo.

Registered
I am part of the $2500 non refundable deposit club. My SA said it would most likely be refundable if I had to back out of the deal. I did not mind the amount at all, part of the down payment is now done. I even consider putting another 2500 down every two months until it arrives, makes the final price a little easier to swallow.

I have started to suffer a mental debate about whether or not I am crazy to spend 85k on a car. I usually buy cars for $1000 and fix em, drive em, and sell em. I would really be spoiling myself buying this, and feel a bit selfish. It is not that we can not afford it, but no matter how I shake it, that is still 85k I could spend on my family some way. When it comes down to it, I could spend half that or less on a really nice M3 or M4... So tell me, am I crazy or not, and why do you think one way or he other?
I am was sort of in the same boat.
I put down the $1500 thinking what the heck.
I have now configured the most expensive car I have ever owned. My X5 cost almost as much new but we bought that as a lease return for half.

My car will be close to $90k after taxes and fees.
The market is crap so it's going to be painful if there isn't some recovery by July.

Yeah, I could spend the money on something else. I could buy a cheaper car. We have owned new cars, but they were either for the family or my wife. I have always bought lease returns and driven them forever. I doubt I'll be buying another really expensive car so this is it.

We can afford it no problem. To put it into perspective though, I bought my first house for about $115k. So it does feel strange buying a car with a 5 year loan when I bought that house with a 30 year. I'm also putting more cash down that I have on anything including the house I now live in.

Oh well... First world issues.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
With everything literally falling apart in this country, it wouldn鈥檛 surprise me if cancellations began rolling in. For many people, with things so bad and only getting worse, there are more important things than a new car鈥ike getting baby formula!

Registered
Previously a 2011 335D
... , I bought my first house for about $115k. So it does feel strange buying a car with a 5 year loan when I bought that house with a 30 year. I'm also putting more cash down that I have on anything including the house I now live in.

My first house was $72K. I have the same thoughts floating around in my head. My last car (maybe) costs almost as much as my first house. And yes, the current economic environment of our country is very disconcerting.

Registered
I am was sort of in the same boat.
I put down the $1500 thinking what the heck.
I have now configured the most expensive car I have ever owned. My X5 cost almost as much new but we bought that as a lease return for half.

My car will be close to $90k after taxes and fees.
The market is crap so it's going to be painful if there isn't some recovery by July.

Yeah, I could spend the money on something else. I could buy a cheaper car. We have owned new cars, but they were either for the family or my wife. I have always bought lease returns and driven them forever. I doubt I'll be buying another really expensive car so this is it.

We can afford it no problem. To put it into perspective though, I bought my first house for about $115k. So it does feel strange buying a car with a 5 year loan when I bought that house with a 30 year. I'm also putting more cash down that I have on anything including the house I now live in.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!
Understand completely, my first house way back in 1986 cost 58K, and now I'm waiting on a car that will cost 65K. It is hard to fathom sometime. 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

41 - 48 of 48 Posts