BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

Registered
Same for me. Last time this happened I went from week 12 (originally week 10) to week 24 production. I'm not even going to bother checking what if anything is the new production week. :poop:
Yeah I'm looking for local i4s now and seeing if I can swoop one, even if it means sacrificing some features

Registered
Yeah I'm looking for local i4s now and seeing if I can swoop one, even if it means sacrificing some features
After you recommended MV to me I called and a few days later they had an i4 M40 on lot I could buy. I prefer to order to my specs so I turned it down. My build week is end May but I don鈥檛 have a lot of confidence after your delay. Mine is frozen blue so I鈥檓 hoping my week is locked in.

Registered
After you recommended MV to me I called and a few days later they had an i4 M40 on lot I could buy. I prefer to order to my specs so I turned it down. My build week is end May but I don鈥檛 have a lot of confidence after your delay. Mine is frozen blue so I鈥檓 hoping my week is locked in.
What's MV and when did I recommend it haha

Registered
I keep reminding myself that I don't need a new car immediately. 7/20/21 preorder, no production number...if I got one this month I might get the car in July. That's when I was originally planning to get it, so it looks like it's going to be later than I'd hoped.

Registered
I listened to the BMW earnings call for Q1 with the CEO to see if there was more information about any issues delaying production. Not a lot of concrete information about the i4, but it seems like BMW is still optimistic about delivering a lot of EVs this year.

There was a lot of focus on EVs, Neue Klasse, batteries, and raw materials. It sounds like BMW is trying to increase production of the i4, but they are still working with some suppliers to get there. The expectation is that by fall is when they'll reach full production capacity.

Some quotes and questions from the call:

• "Our order books are full several months out 鈥 especially for our fully-electric vehicles and in particular our innovation drivers, the BMW i4 and BMW iX."
  • "We forecast stable sales for the full year, will be on par with last year...Number of fully electric vehicles should more than double (for the year)" "At least 10% of total sales volume" ( Last year they sold 2.5MM vehicles, so I guess they are targeting to sell 250k BEVs)
  • Working with suppliers to reach high production levels in the fall.

Questions from analysts:

-Full order book for the iX and i4. Why not focus production on those.
"The iX and the i4, they are still in the ramp up phase. They've been introduced in more markets, and we are very confident that once the ramp up phase is finalized, we will be able to fullfill all demand "

-Are you fully sold out for electric cars for 2022?
"We have a very full order book for our electric vehicles, but also for other vehicles as well"

Registered
eDrive 40, Dravit Grey Metallic
Same for me. Last time this happened I went from week 12 (originally week 10) to week 24 production. I'm not even going to bother checking what if anything is the new production week. :poop:
As of this morning my order is back to status Scheduled For Production. So, I guess there is still hope that I may get my car by the end of July. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Ouch! Then I am definitely NOT going to check my new production week because I prefer to delude myself into thinking that my order was not also pushed out 7 weeks which would put it at week 31 (August 1). 馃檲
I have a feeling I'd be able to find an i4 in person before mine gets here. There's 5 or 6 dealerships around me.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts