·
Registered
646 Posts
Pre-ordered June 1.
Dispatched to dealer June 2.
Dealer immediately contacted me June 3.
Back and forth a few times .
Order bank went live Nov.
Configured car and submitted about Nov 23.
Got VIR Dec 23.
Got updated VIR Dec 26 with production number
Jan 3 got estimated build date of week 21.
Jan changed interior.
Also added 50th badges at some point.
March 7 went in and did credit for 1.9% promotion. SA sent a link for BMW Finance. Approved in 5 minutes.
Have paperwork for 1.9% financing and final price.

Approx May 1, status change to "scheduled for production". I suspect around week 21 as I was told initially.

My car is Tanzanite with cognac leather and carbon fiber trim, red calipers. All options except ventilated seats and exterior carbon trim.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I asked my salesperson for some more info about where I was in line, and I'm 2nd out of 15 waiting for allocations. So it doesn't seem unrealistic that when the next allocation happens I'll get in there. The next question is when does that happen? I'm thinking now that I'm maybe getting this car in August or September.
I'm second at my dealer waiting for allocations as well. I have the same question as you.......when does the next allocation happen? I guess we just wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm second at my dealer waiting for allocations as well. I have the same question as you.......when does the next allocation happen? I guess we just wait.
My sales person said usually beginning of every month new allocations are handed out. Yup, not much to do aside from wait. I’ve been up next for an allocation since January or February at a pretty busy central PA dealership. I’ve seen some people on other forums mention that the Munich plant is shut down right now without much additional information. Not sure how accurate this information is. I personally don’t have any additional information aside from what people have been posting on here and other forums.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My sales person said usually beginning of every month new allocations are handed out. Yup, not much to do aside from wait. I’ve been up next for an allocation since January or February at a pretty busy central PA dealership. I’ve seen some people on other forums mention that the Munich plant is shut down right now without much additional information. Not sure how accurate this information is. I personally don’t have any additional information aside from what people have been posting on here and other forums.
Thanks for that bit of news regarding allocations are at the beginning of each month. Guess I'll bug my sales guy in a couple of weeks (June 1st) LOL

·
Registered
i4 M50 in Portimao Blue, Oyster, Ash wood, currently wk 22
80 Posts
Preordered 6/6/21. Order went in Nov/Dec 2021 (I don't have an exact date; I wasn't paying attention, but right when the configurator went live!). Order tweaked 4/26. First scheduled build week was 19. Now 22. My lease is up in Sept... who knows?!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts