BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
687 Posts
I don't know for sure. First I have to find a color and spec I can live with, and then I'll worry about the details.
I figure I can decide what I can give up, not BMW deciding for me! I ordered Tanzinite, but can live with Portimao; wanted ventilated seats, but can live with Cognac unventillated; wanted an edrive 40 Msport, but can live with a M50, etc.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I figure I can decide what I can give up, not BMW deciding for me! I ordered Tanzinite, but can live with Portimao; wanted ventilated seats, but can live with Cognac unventillated; wanted an edrive 40 Msport, but can live with a M50, etc.
Good luck, I've been searching for cars on the side but no luck. Been searching for months. Was just told anytime they get a free slot it gets sold in 10-15 minutes

• Sad
Reactions: dudenjen

·
Registered
687 Posts
Good luck, I've been searching for cars on the side but no luck. Been searching for months. Was just told anytime they get a free slot it gets sold in 10-15 minutes
Yes, won't try for a slot. I think I will search far and wide for a demo and try to get them to sell ot without too much of a markup.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yes, won't try for a slot. I think I will search far and wide for a demo and try to get them to sell ot without too much of a markup.
If that does pan out, then I will buy whatever i4 I can live with while I wait for the i5 to go into production.

·
Registered
593 Posts
If that does pan out, then I will buy whatever i4 I can live with while I wait for the i5 to go into production.
Might as well just lease a 330e at that point in my opinion if you're gonna buy 2 cars

• Haha

·
Registered
109 Posts
Also, if a car is MY 2023, does that mean we pay the MY 2023 price and not the original price we thought we were getting when we made the pre-order? I'm about to wave the white flag / throw in the towel / simply move on.....
As I understand it yes. if your order is in the order bank (status 047) then it waits until the dealer has allocations. Once the dealer gets allocations, you will have to reconfigure your order using the MY2023 options and price guide. BMW corporate doesn't offer any price protections for banked orders, but you're free to attempt to negotiate the price with your dealer. Just beware, I tried to negotiate my new contract to be a refundable deposit, and my dealer just canceled my order wasting 3 months of my time.

• Angry

·
Registered
25 Posts
As I understand it yes. if your order is in the order bank (status 047) then it waits until the dealer has allocations. Once the dealer gets allocations, you will have to reconfigure your order using the MY2023 options and price guide. BMW corporate doesn't offer any price protections for banked orders, but you're free to attempt to negotiate the price with your dealer. Just beware, I tried to negotiate my new contract to be a refundable deposit, and my dealer just canceled my order wasting 3 months of my time.
To anyone thinking of putting a deposit down at this point, I wouldn’t accept anything non-refundable. If you have the cash put multiple minimum deposits down and cancel when you get a lead. You can probably also take delivery and resell for zero loss with the state of the market right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a 2022 i4 M50 June 6, 2021. Have been watching my build go from "order received" to "scheduled for production" and back 3 times now. Went into my dealership for my first test drive of the M50 (amazing), and was told I needed to submit a new build as I'd be rolled over to the 2023. A new build submission does not change your place in line. I was explicitly told that as you can imagine how stressful the thought of losing my place in line was after all this time. We sat down right there and resubmitted my specifications. There were a few differences in options, but overall, but MSRP only went up $800. My dealership said they don't mark up the price at all, so I'd expect to pay the MSRP.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I ordered a 2022 i4 M50 June 6, 2021. Have been watching my build go from "order received" to "scheduled for production" and back 3 times now. Went into my dealership for my first test drive of the M50 (amazing), and was told I needed to submit a new build as I'd be rolled over to the 2023. A new build submission does not change your place in line. I was explicitly told that as you can imagine how stressful the thought of losing my place in line was after all this time. We sat down right there and resubmitted my specifications. There were a few differences in options, but overall, but MSRP only went up $800. My dealership said they don't mark up the price at all, so I'd expect to pay the MSRP.
Interesting. I didn't need to go and submit a new build and get a new VIR. My order was migrated by the factory. Could be because the options mapped because I had everything checked except ventilated seats.

Yeah you keep your production number and your place in line.

I test drove the M50 a few months ago. I was blown away.

My price went up by about $1700. I'm pushing for MY2022 pricing. They held my deposit for a year and slipped past spring 2022 delivery. I shouldn't have to pay a price increase.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
75 Posts
Interesting. I didn't need to go and submit a new build and get a new VIR. My order was migrated by the factory. Could be because the options mapped because I had everything checked except ventilated seats.

Yeah you keep your production number and your place in line.

I test drove the M50 a few months ago. I was blown away.

My price went up by about $1700. I'm pushing for MY2022 pricing. They held my deposit for a year and slipped past spring 2022 delivery. I shouldn't have to pay a price increase.

Waiting for my M50......
Where did you get the updated pricing? I have the same option selections as you. I think I'd be fine with a $500 increase, but an almost $2K increase doesn't seem fair for a preorder.

·
Registered
550 Posts
That was different.
My VIR was changed to MY2023 by BMWNA, no need for my CA or me to do anything.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Where did you get the updated pricing? I have the same option selections as you. I think I'd be fine with a $500 increase, but an almost $2K increase doesn't seem fair for a preorder.
I figured it based on the MY2023 pricing guide.
Nobody has said what the pricing will be. BMW hasn't said if they will honor MY2022 pricing or not.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: Veyrix

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealership provided me the updated pricing sheets. He said the online builder was not up to date yet. I honestly just want them to honor the original APR, but I think that's probably asking too much of them. The payment calculator on the BMW site for the i4 has a 3.49% APR you can't change.

·
Registered
i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey
24 Posts
My dealership provided me the updated pricing sheets. He said the online builder was not up to date yet. I honestly just want them to honor the original APR, but I think that's probably asking too much of them. The payment calculator on the BMW site for the i4 has a 3.49% APR you can't change.
Same here. Also said I didn't have to do anything and my MY22 would be converted to MY23 automatically and I would get a new production number. I'm still at Order Received and MY22 so I'm a little nervous I'm still in the BMW production netherworld. Hoping they convert me to MY23 soon. Trying to figure out what my potential build week will be.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Same here. Also said I didn't have to do anything and my MY22 would be converted to MY23 automatically and I would get a new production number. I'm still at Order Received and MY22 so I'm a little nervous I'm still in the BMW production netherworld. Hoping they convert me to MY23 soon. Trying to figure out what my potential build week will be.
You won't get a new production number. It will be the same production number with a new MY2023 designation.

My car mapped directly over except for the cognac interior.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey
24 Posts
You won't get a new production number. It will be the same production number with a new MY2023 designation.

My car mapped directly over except for the cognac interior.

Waiting for my M50......
Thanks for the clarification on the production number. My rep said I would get a new number but I don’t put much stock in what he says.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts