BMW i4 Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks for the clarification on the production number. My rep said I would get a new number but I don’t put much stock in what he says.
My dealer echoed what Techwiz said that there are few people at BMW migrating the preorders from MY2022 to 2023 and that once they do that my prod number will be the same but will be a 23 build… I too am still waiting for this fabled BMW fairy to bless me with a 23 update.

Reactions: Davei4M50

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
868 Posts
Hoo boy, but some of the earlier posts in this thread have not aged well.
:unsure:

I'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You won't get a new production number. It will be the same production number with a new MY2023 designation.

My car mapped directly over except for the cognac interior.

Waiting for my M50......
My i4 M50 (pre-ordered 6/1/21 at 6:00:01 pm and to be built March 2022) just is converting to a MY2023. My dealer just sent me order sheet to confirm options. The only choice I had to change was cognac to mocha leather seats. The total cost of car went up $1200 because now it is a 2023 model plus some options went up. It looks like the $1000 option of curved display with HUD (6U3) was moved into Premium Package. And premium package went up $750, not $1000, because lumbar not in premium package anymore. I had chosen N/C red brake option which moved into "M Sport Package Pro" (33B) instead of being listed separately and "M Sport Package Pro" now is listed because it's part of ZHO Shadowline Package. My car was "confirmed" for an August production date, but I assume that is as good a confirmation as my March confirmation week 12, then confirmations for weeks 13, 14, 15, 24, 23, 24, 25, 26, then to status 105 for the past 2 weeks.

·
Registered
868 Posts
@Don S. that 105 status just seems wrong, but maybe we have a bad translation of what 105 really is?

·
Registered
69 Posts
@Don S. that 105 status just seems wrong, but maybe we have a bad translation of what 105 really is?
I thought what I did during my day job (that is, when I'm not calling BMW dealers, BMW "Geniuses", and BMW Customer No-Service reps) was complicated (I develop cures for cancer), but the BMW code system is way more sophisticated than even the genetic code. My car went from 112 to 111 at the end of April when it went to "week 24 production date", then back to 112 during week 21, then after exhausting the rest of the weeks in June, it went to 105 (I don't know what it means). Today it is back to 111 printed at the top of a new 2023 spec sheet.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I thought what I did during my day job (that is, when I'm not calling BMW dealers, BMW "Geniuses", and BMW Customer No-Service reps) was complicated (I develop cures for cancer), but the BMW code system is way more sophisticated than even the genetic code. My car went from 112 to 111 at the end of April when it went to "week 24 production date", then back to 112 during week 21, then after exhausting the rest of the weeks in June, it went to 105 (I don't know what it means). Today it is back to 111 printed at the top of a new 2023 spec sheet.
Well, 111 is definitely a good change from 105. (y)

81 - 86 of 86 Posts