BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Joined shortly after I ordered on 7/27/22 and received my car on 11/14/21. So far I’m really in love with this car. The speed, the smoothness, and the drive are all perfect in my eyes. I never drove an m50, but imagine it would be a bit overkill for me. The tech is also great, although that brings me to some short term negatives. CarPlay is buggy and I had my system go black and shut down once, but those issues don’t seem to be consistent and I expect them to be resolved/updated over time. Last thing that’s kind of a downer is range, but it’s freezing here in PA and I’ve been getting on the car a lot, so that’s understandable right now. I’ll be taking it on some road trips over the next few weeks and I’m sure it’ll start to improve the more normal I drive it. Overall, it’s a fantastic car and I could see myself being happy with it for a long long time. Love the green too, questioned it for a bit, but it’s a beautiful color. So far I’ve done a ceramic coating, removed the badging, and got 35% tints on the sides and rear. Lastly, I appreciate the support from everyone in the forum, you all were a huge help when answering questions and dealing with my extreme lack of patience.
Wheel Car Tire Sky Plant

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Car

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Vehicle registration plate Sky Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Sky Plant

Sky Wheel Grille Plant Window

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,973 Posts
Hey everyone! Joined shortly after I ordered on 7/27/22 and received my car on 11/14/21. So far I’m really in love with this car. The speed, the smoothness, and the drive are all perfect in my eyes. I never drove an m50, but imagine it would be a bit overkill for me. The tech is also great, although that brings me to some short term negatives. CarPlay is buggy and I had my system go black and shut down once, but those issues don’t seem to be consistent and I expect them to be resolved/updated over time. Last thing that’s kind of a downer is range, but it’s freezing here in PA and I’ve been getting on the car a lot, so that’s understandable right now. I’ll be taking it on some road trips over the next few weeks and I’m sure it’ll start to improve the more normal I drive it. Overall, it’s a fantastic car and I could see myself being happy with it for a long long time. Love the green too, questioned it for a bit, but it’s a beautiful color. So far I’ve done a ceramic coating, removed the badging, and got 35% tints on the sides and rear. Lastly, I appreciate the support from everyone in the forum, you all were a huge help when answering questions and dealing with my extreme lack of patience. View attachment 19039
View attachment 19040
View attachment 19035
View attachment 19038
View attachment 19037
View attachment 19036
Love the stealth look! Nicely done.

Reactions: LionXV

· Registered
24 Posts
Hey everyone! Joined shortly after I ordered on 7/27/22 and received my car on 11/14/21. So far I’m really in love with this car. The speed, the smoothness, and the drive are all perfect in my eyes. I never drove an m50, but imagine it would be a bit overkill for me. The tech is also great, although that brings me to some short term negatives. CarPlay is buggy and I had my system go black and shut down once, but those issues don’t seem to be consistent and I expect them to be resolved/updated over time. Last thing that’s kind of a downer is range, but it’s freezing here in PA and I’ve been getting on the car a lot, so that’s understandable right now. I’ll be taking it on some road trips over the next few weeks and I’m sure it’ll start to improve the more normal I drive it. Overall, it’s a fantastic car and I could see myself being happy with it for a long long time. Love the green too, questioned it for a bit, but it’s a beautiful color. So far I’ve done a ceramic coating, removed the badging, and got 35% tints on the sides and rear. Lastly, I appreciate the support from everyone in the forum, you all were a huge help when answering questions and dealing with my extreme lack of patience. View attachment 19039
View attachment 19040
View attachment 19035
View attachment 19038
View attachment 19037
View attachment 19036
Health to enjoy. Looks great. 😍
You didn't have to wait too long. How did you get it so quick?

· Registered
24 Posts
View attachment 19040
View attachment 19035
View attachment 19038
View attachment 19037
View attachment 19036
Super. Unfortunately, I didn't get the flux-capacitor option, to allow me to go back in time to pick up my car. How much did this cost?
Was your BMW dealer McFly?

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Health to enjoy. Looks great. 😍
You didn't have to wait too long. How did you get it so quick?
I got very lucky with my dealer. He was able to get me an early allocation, likely from someone who cancelled. Originally promised for March of 23, he was able to get it done early.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beauty. San Remo green has become my favorite of the stock colors.
Thanks! Yea I love it after living with it a bit, but I kept going back and forth while waiting. There is so much variation depending on the sunlight. Really gorgeous.

· Registered
970 Posts
Looks great! Waiting impatiently on my m50 in SRG!

· Registered
2022 G26 i4 M50
83 Posts
Super. Unfortunately, I didn't get the flux-capacitor option, to allow me to go back in time to pick up my car. How much did this cost?
Was your BMW dealer McFly?
Should have gotten that option ! As you can see...

Joined shortly after I ordered on 7/27/22 and received my car on 11/14/21.
He has about 8 months to drive his car, in case he doesn't like it he can still cancel the order right after placing the order.

· Registered
177 Posts
View attachment 19040
View attachment 19035
View attachment 19038
View attachment 19037
View attachment 19036
Beautiful car and wonderful pictures! Awesome to see another member in PA. What part of the state are you in? You’re so lucky to have an unbelievably short wait.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beautiful car and wonderful pictures! Awesome to see another member in PA. What part of the state are you in? You’re so lucky to have an unbelievably short wait.
Yea I got very lucky, my dealer was great. I’m north of Philly in the burbs.

· Registered
61 Posts
I just think that car would look soooooo much better in my driveway!
Congrats!

Reactions: DNichter

· Registered
44 Posts
I'm impatiently waiting for my SRG M50 to get to Cali. These pictures definitely make me happy with my choice. It was a daily struggle between keep green or swap to Tanzanite. I stand by the choice though especially after these images! Thanks for sharing!

Glad I can see it with the wheels and calipers I'm pretty sure I'm getting as well! (still would have preferred blue Calipers but ce la vie!)

· Registered
50 Posts
View attachment 19040
View attachment 19035
View attachment 19038
View attachment 19037
View attachment 19036
That's the spec I want! San Remo and Cognac!! I'm also in PA and will probably get one in a few years.

· Registered
177 Posts
That's the spec I want! San Remo and Cognac!! I'm also in PA and will probably get one in a few years.
What part of PA?

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Highly recommended. It’s a gorgeous combo, kind of the most “classic” in my eyes. First choice for me and it worked out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts