BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I’ve searched on this forum but still unclear about whether to choose the 3DE option or not.
I’m configuring an i4 in Black Sapphire and I DO NOT want any blue lines down the side of the car or on the grill and tail pipes.
So do I choose 3DE in the configuration or not? The configurator where I live (New Zealand) seems a little ambiguous.

Thanks in advance
Bob

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
375 Posts
In the US configurator, you have to specifically include the blue accents any build where they are even possible.
They default to black accents. I suspect it isn't as difficult to get the car without blue as you're thinking?
There's a post around here that shows what colors and trims can and cannot be configured with the blue trim, and there are far more that cannot than can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In the Dutch configurator it is selected automaticaly with m-sport, and no cost option to add the blue back on.
When I check the bmw.co.nz config it is indeed not part of the default spec, when you choose the option "Deletion of specific exterior design contents" the blue is gone.
You will also see the option code S03DE appear in the adressbar link of your browser.
Best is to make sure 3DE is on the dealer order form.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I checked this one with my dealer when I was still undecided whether it looked good or not. He told me the blue exterior accents were only possible on the basic sport model. Once you select M Sport package or M50, then it’s no longer possible to select them

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40 M Sport - Mineral White
35 Posts
I checked this one with my dealer when I was still undecided whether it looked good or not. He told me the blue exterior accents were only possible on the basic sport model. Once you select M Sport package or M50, then it’s no longer possible to select them
Mine is the M Sport Package and I have the blue on the rear diffuser and front grille.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts