BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
M50 Portimao Blue, 19" Rims, Black Leather
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my car is due to go into build in 3 or 4 weeks time. I'm wanting to add the visibility pack before it gets built but not sure how late it can be left to add options before it gets close to build. I have contacted the lease company (Arval) 5 days ago and am still waiting to hear back from them. Is it best trying them again or going to supplying dealer Synter Tamworth? I don't mind paying the extra for this pack on top of my quoted price when I ordered the car (August 22) but wont go for it if they try and do a re quote as there has been a big price increase during this time. Anyone modified their orders prior to build and what was their experience like?

· Registered
BMW i4 M50 2022
38 Posts
I work for a leasing broker in the North West and more than likely if you change the quote then the price may increase substantially due to RV and rate changes. If you don't change the term then they maybe able to match the rate back from August but you would need to speak to them.

· Registered
7 Posts
So my car is due to go into build in 3 or 4 weeks time. I'm wanting to add the visibility pack before it gets built but not sure how late it can be left to add options before it gets close to build. I have contacted the lease company (Arval) 5 days ago and am still waiting to hear back from them. Is it best trying them again or going to supplying dealer Synter Tamworth? I don't mind paying the extra for this pack on top of my quoted price when I ordered the car (August 22) but wont go for it if they try and do a re quote as there has been a big price increase during this time. Anyone modified their orders prior to build and what was their experience like?
Did you really order in August? I ordered October 2021 (yes 2021!) and 16 months later they can't/won't even give me a build date. Just needing some ammunition so anything you can tell me would be great. Thx.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you really order in August? I ordered October 2021 (yes 2021!) and 16 months later they can't/won't even give me a build date. Just needing some ammunition so anything you can tell me would be great. Thx.
Yes I ordered a day or two after my birthday so it was around the 7th August. A work mate ordered same model in a different colour 2 weeks later than me and he has same build date as me. Don't know if the lease company or supplying dealer has any influence or the company I work for as they order hundreds of cars a year if not thousands through them. The delivery date has changed several time since ordering and has gone form 15/1/23 to 31/5/23 to 28/5/23 then to 20/3/23 with build due to commence 20/2/23.
The way orders are are prioritised and managed is shocking, no rhyme or reason for it just pot luck.

· Registered
7 Posts
Yes I ordered a day or two after my birthday so it was around the 7th August. A work mate ordered same model in a different colour 2 weeks later than me and he has same build date as me. Don't know if the lease company or supplying dealer has any influence or the company I work for as they order hundreds of cars a year if not thousands through them. The delivery date has changed several time since ordering and has gone form 15/1/23 to 31/5/23 to 28/5/23 then to 20/3/23 with build due to commence 20/2/23.
The way orders are are prioritised and managed is shocking, no rhyme or reason for it just pot luck.
Thanks so much for the info. Ordered through supposedly the biggest leasing company in Europe but the comms has been appalling. 3 cars ordered almost a year and a half ago and not a build/delivery date in sight.

· Registered
571 Posts
Phone them, don't wait for mail answers. I made modifications to my original order here in Sweden, and also asked when I signed the contract about how near the production date I can change things, and the answer was that as long as the change is accepted by the system it is just fine. The locking of changes happens a few days before the production starts. The system will notify if the change is rejected due to production start. Last time when I ordered my 330e I realized a mistake I made the evening, so I called my dealer and wanted to modify but it was too late, the car went into production that day. This time, with the i4 the waiting is so long, so even though I made one mod, I know I will make more and will change some design things, but I know I still have time to think, and in fact, I'd be the happiest if my change would be rejected because of earlier production start... :) Anyway, I am buying my car, not leasing, for lease it may be different, but in any case, I'd call them, not just mailing.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phone them, don't wait for mail answers. I made modifications to my original order here in Sweden, and also asked when I signed the contract about how near the production date I can change things, and the answer was that as long as the change is accepted by the system it is just fine. The locking of changes happens a few days before the production starts. The system will notify if the change is rejected due to production start. Last time when I ordered my 330e I realized a mistake I made the evening, so I called my dealer and wanted to modify but it was too late, the car went into production that day. This time, with the i4 the waiting is so long, so even though I made one mod, I know I will make more and will change some design things, but I know I still have time to think, and in fact, I'd be the happiest if my change would be rejected because of earlier production start... :) Anyway, I am buying my car, not leasing, for lease it may be different, but in any case, I'd call them, not just mailing.
I rang them 2 days ago after 4 days of no response by email, no phone calls or emails back since. Will ring Friday if still no response.

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,766 Posts
From BMW's perspective, you can make changes up until status 150 (when you get your VIN). The lease company may have different input on this!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts