BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Phone NFC (at least with the iPhone) works with the phone on top of the charger, no need to open the lid. The phone would definitely not fit with the lid open.
Oh I didn’t know nfc can pass through the charger plate. So if I have phone on top of the charger I can start the car via Apple wallet without key fob?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I ordered from the link provided, there was no specific version for G26 (4 series) right? I assumed 3/4 series are identical. I rarely order from Aliexpress but it's the most frustrating site to order from I wish Amazon carries with the same price but it's over $100 also from China.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Holy crap, I ordered on the 22nd, got my m50 on the 26th. I was just thinking today it will be another 3 weeks or so until I get it. It got here today. 1 week from China. COVID took longer to come from China than this charger. 😂
Any impressions mine is due to arrive soon? I ordered less than a week ago they ship these out quick.

·
Registered
358 Posts
It’s a charger, nothing special but unlike the factory charger, this actually charges your phone and the phone doesn’t seem to hear up much. Like mentioned earlier, phone as a key works.
The only thing the factory one has over this is the the warning on your dash if you have a phone in the tray when you turn the car off.
I see in the pic there is a power button do you need to turn it on every time you want to charge?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Non-scientific observation: the LEDs turn off when the phone is removed and the car is off. So either the power is not constant or the charger is smart enough to not draw power when the phone is not in the tray. Either way, powering a couple LEDs is not going to affect much.
Can’t wait to get mine not sure how BMW screws up their charger. Cheap Chinese version works better than $200 OEM Option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts