BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A semi truck driver escaped without serious injury but a load of brand new automobiles burned after a crash late Monday night on Interstate 10.

It was shortly before 11 p.m. when the Mississippi Highway Patrol responded to the crash in Hancock County at the Mississippi-Louisiana state line bridge.

The MHP says the semi truck car hauler carrying seven new BMW vehicles was traveling west on Interstate 10 when the rig collided with the concrete bridge railing. All seven cars burned along with the truck and trailer.

The bridge was closed for hours overnight as the wreckage was cleared before the Mississippi Department of Transportation could deem the it safe for vehicle traffic. I-10 eastbound and westbound lanes at the crash site re-opened for travel shortly before 8 a.m.

Multiple state and local agencies were working in corroboration at the scene to clear the crash.

The crash remains under investigation by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If that happened I would ask BMW either for a discount or to upgrade my replacement vehicle for free.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The videos show clearly that most are SUVs, no gran coupe. Pheeeew! But yes, if it was your car in there, you would be very annoyed, knowing that a replacement would be 8-12 months away due to the wait time...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The videos show clearly that most are SUVs, no gran coupe. Pheeeew! But yes, if it was your car in there, you would be very annoyed, knowing that a replacement would be 8-12 months away due to the wait time...
Maybe just maybe BMW would push a rebuild for your destroyed vehicle to the front of the line but even then you probably would need to wait another 2 months.

I've driven that stretch of I10 countless times, guess he must have fallen asleep, not much going on around there unless NASA was testing a rocket at Stennis.

·
Registered
2004 Infiniti G35 - 83k miles, all me
43 Posts
If that happened I would ask BMW either for a discount or to upgrade my replacement vehicle for free.
If the cars had never been delivered to prospective owners, insurance would replace them, whether the truck driver's, the dealership's, or BMW's. It's not "yours" until it has been delivered. They might expedite a replacement, but I sincerely doubt they'd discount or upgrade it since they had to make two to deliver you one for the price of one.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If the cars had never been delivered to prospective owners, insurance would replace them, whether the truck driver's, the dealership's, or BMW's. It's not "yours" until it has been delivered. They might expedite a replacement, but I sincerely doubt they'd discount or upgrade it since they had to make two to deliver you one for the price of one.
BMW might be different than other US companies I've dealt with, but most likely they will flatly tell you "it's not our fault", and direct you to claim any damages to the trucking company. I doubt they would even pull you up to the front of the line for a replacement, and certainly would not give you any discount. Sorry for the cynicism, but we deal with that s***t all the time.

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
955 Posts
BMW might be different than other US companies I've dealt with, but most likely they will flatly tell you "it's not our fault", and direct you to claim any damages to the trucking company. I doubt they would even pull you up to the front of the line for a replacement, and certainly would not give you any discount. Sorry for the cynicism, but we deal with that s***t all the time.
My2c2

Just look at what Audi did to me. I ordered a car with an option that was not possible in my country, even though the configurator I used said I could. When it was almost delivery time I asked if everything was still OK. They said "no", because of that option. So I replied with "you either deliver it with that option or I will refuse it". Well, they beat me on that. They canceled the order themselves
Do you think they slept badly that night? Hell no... They just don't care. It's not your local plumber who lost an offer for renewing your bathroom against some other local competitor we are talking about. We are dealing here with a multi-billion-dollar company. Do you think top management would have pity on you because your car was on a lorry that crashed on a misty road? Of course not. At the end of the year, they will still get the same bonus with 6 figures. Maybe your local dealer, yeah, he might worry because he just lost his commission...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts