BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in an allocation for an i4? My dealership just reached out to me that I was next in line for a build, but I honestly have decided to go a different route. If my salesman allows for it, is anyone interested in the allocation? I'm not looking for anything in return, just figured I'd see if someone wanted to take my place in line. I'll wait till Friday before I tell my dealership that they can skip my place in line if no one is interested. DM me, and it'll be first come basis.

Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
lol, he said I'm next in line but I ordered just a regular i4 e40 in green with Cognac interior. Not sure if he can change it to an M50, but it can't hurt to ask I guess.
Allocation will be for e40 and not m50. If change will start over.

• Helpful
Reactions: ssh and kevpuk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Allocation will be for e40 and not m50. If change will start over.
Is it because of the limited quantities being produced? I'll know for sure by tomorrow if he'll have to start all over. I'd love to take delivery of it, but with all the new EV offerings opening up in about 6 months, and the premium cost of the i4 not really translating to a premium feel (other than the BMW name, of course) I have decided to go with an EV that has a little more range and similar performance. The i4 does seem like a great car, but for the money I think I'd rather go with something that has a bit better range at this point.

Registered
Is it because of the limited quantities being produced? I'll know for sure by tomorrow if he'll have to start all over. I'd love to take delivery of it, but with all the new EV offerings opening up in about 6 months, and the premium cost of the i4 not really translating to a premium feel (other than the BMW name, of course) I have decided to go with an EV that has a little more range and similar performance. The i4 does seem like a great car, but for the money I think I'd rather go with something that has a bit better range at this point.
What are you considering?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blazer EV. I like the i4 and if it was going to be a DD/toy, I'd go for the m50 but as this vehicle will need to provide more utility for me, I figure a Blazer will be more practical for a DD. I'd love to get the m50 but having two performance toys isn't necessary for me (current one is a ZL1). The e40 would've been my daily, but going SUV for my daily makes more sense, and is a bit less expensive.

Registered
'22 - i4 M50
Blazer EV
It's interesting the OP landed on a crossover from a sport sedan, but I guess it happens. I looked it up and they're dramatically different cars :).

Best wishes and come back if you change your mind!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's interesting the OP landed on a crossover from a sport sedan, but I guess it happens. I looked it up and they're dramatically different cars :).

Best wishes and come back if you change your mind!
My garage queen is a ZL1, which gives me plenty of "sport". The i4 was placed on order back when there were less options for larger more "utility" vehicles. Oh and there was also a little bit of a change with my job status as I'll need something with a little more range than my daily driver Leaf can give me for more than 2 days. Would be nice if my work status was the same as it was when I ordered the i4, but life happens. I'd love to make the order happen, but the i4 would need to check off more boxes for me at this point.

Registered
Hey! I am in Dallas and I would love to take over the allocation. Ironically I also ordered the e40 in green but no timeline in sight for when I will receive allocation.

please please get back to me if this option is still up! My first car that I will be buying so really excited!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey! I am in Dallas and I would love to take over the allocation. Ironically I also ordered the e40 in green but no timeline in sight for when I will receive allocation.

please please get back to me if this option is still up! My first car that I will be buying so really excited!
I just spoke with my sales associate and he said he would have no problem giving up my allocation to someone else. He said his inventory manager has hit him up twice already so let me know if you are 100% interested. I just DMed you the information. The sooner you can let him know, the sooner he can put in the order. He said it'll be over 90 days (closer to 4 months) and said he can get a lock in on the interest rate before the rates go up again if he does it and delivery is made before 90 days of application date.

Oh and he told me that he has one customer that bought an i4 e40 and has had it for a couple of months but his Ford Lightening is being delivered soon, so the dealership bought back the car for the same MSRP price that they sold it to him.

Registered
2023(order), i4Edrive40, SanRemoGreen, CognacSensatec, 18"GunmetalGrey, Premium, HUD, LaserLight, HK
lol, he said I'm next in line but I ordered just a regular i4 e40 in green with Cognac interior. Not sure if he can change it to an M50, but it can't hurt to ask I guess.
Too funny, I ordered an i4 E-drive 40 from BMW of Dallas in San Remo Green with Cognac Sensatec in April and I also ordered the same from BMW of Manhattan. Once I got my production number from BMW in Manhattan, I cancelled my order from BMW Dallas. I wonder if they kept the order on the books and you got it?

Reactions: ssh

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Too funny, I ordered an i4 E-drive 40 from BMW of Dallas in San Remo Green with Cognac Sensatec in April and I also ordered the same from BMW of Manhattan. Once I got my production number from BMW in Manhattan, I cancelled my order from BMW Dallas. I wonder if they kept the order on the books and you got it?
He said I could change my order but instead of it being a 2022, it would be a 2023, so I suspect no. The person taking mine is also ok with it being green, so I guess the color combination is relatively popular.

Oh and the fact that he said that the MSRP would only go up by $500 made it more tempting, but he also did almost guarantee that interest rates were going to go up in at least a month from now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts