BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any dealers have order allocations for i4M50s in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic area? Every dealer I have contacted (including the one where I have had an order sitting for months), coincidentally says their order list is exactly 8 deep.

· Registered
23' M50, Blk Sapphire, Blk Vernasco Lthr, Carbon Fiber, Shadow Line, PP, PAP, 19" M Y-Spoke Bi-Color
23 Posts
That sucks. Stay local. I used BMW's locator website and called around to different dealers and got nowhere. I walked into a local dealership a few miles from my house. He asked if I lived locally. They had one M50 in transit that wasn't sold. I was told it would be in a few weeks and I paid sticker and left a deposit. It arrived 3 days later.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No question there are m50s I could purchase tomorrow, but not optioned exactly the way I want. Hence, I need an allocation somewhere to place an order, but it seems that allocations are not being . . . allocated.

· Registered
i4 M50 Sapphire ordered 1/2022
460 Posts
Saw a broker post an available m50 in Maryland earlier this morning, looked to be fully loaded. The i4/ i4m50 FB groups are usually good for finding canceled orders. After waiting a year for an allocation to come with my local dealer I became impatient and used a broker to get mine. Best decision ever the car is amazing

· Registered
23 i4 e40 M Sport
1,101 Posts
Several fully loaded and discounted 22 Demo M50's at the dealership I just got mine from, but in CA

· Registered
53 Posts
hilton head sc shows they have 3 m50s for sale on their web site. New BMW for Sale in Bluffton | Hilton Head BMW
I doubt any of those are for sale.
All build orders that are already effectively sold are always shown on dealer websites without any public indication that they are not for sale. Some dealers are good about responding quickly with confirmation that such listings are not for sale. Others can take days after first telling you incorrectly that the vehicles are available.

· Registered
436 Posts
I doubt any of those are for sale.
All build orders that are already effectively sold are always shown on dealer websites without any public indication that they are not for sale. Some dealers are good about responding quickly with confirmation that such listings are not for sale. Others can take days after first telling you incorrectly that the vehicles are available.
Thats not always true My car was never listed on the dealer site. I got a Zl1 Camaro also that was never listed on a dealer site there are some car that never get listed and my relentless calling is what gets me the cars. but i will say dealers still list cars on their sites just to get business even when the cars are sold. They want people to call . However its the internet and there are lots of people looking chances are if you saw it so did 300 other people. chance are your the first one to ask about are slim. What I do works for me and that is i dont call about the cars that are listed as I said you are not the first to call. I call dealers with none listed ask to speak with the sale manager directly and ask him if there is any cars coming that aren't listed. I have gotten a M50, a ZL1 Camaro, a 3lt z51 c8 corvette ( back when they were harder to find), my first i4 and my supra all that way and all cold calls and most were all ready on way to dealer so very little wait time.

why this works is because not ll cars sent to a dealer are orders or allocations. I had a dealer once tell me that the manufacturers do just send random cars to them and typically they don't know they are coming till just before they get there. So far ive scored so nice cars quick with tis method. The first i4 i got back when you couldn't even find then on lot at all and no one had them and i got it by calling 87 dealers yup i called 87 until I found one and drove 6 states away to get it. you want these cars that are hard to get today you got to search nation wide or you'll be waiting. There are only 367 BMW dealers in the US wouldn't take a day or two to call them all. :)

there are 118 m50s listed for sale on true car i mean how bad ya want one? I know most are pre orders and sold listed there but i would bet at least 1 or 2 arent sold. New BMW i4 M50 for Sale Near Me - TrueCar

I would highly recommend not calling BMW of sterling in Virginia. I called them once and oh my god I could not get them to leave me alone they caller id my number and hounded me for 3 days calling 4 times a day and texting and somehow they got my email I still don't know how and send 30 plus emails and when i asked them to stop calling they wouldn't. it too me talking to the sales manager and even then they still called me one more time.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Folks - please stop replying that there are M50s for sale at XYZ dealership. There are many M50s for sale if you are not particular about the options/colors. But I am very particular about my option/color choices. Thus, this thread is limited to looking for dealers with actual allocations for factory build spots to build the car the way I want it.

· Registered
i4 M50 Sapphire ordered 1/2022
460 Posts
Folks - please stop replying that there are M50s for sale at XYZ dealership. There are many M50s for sale if you are not particular about the options/colors. But I am very particular about my option/color choices. Thus, this thread is limited to looking for dealers with actual allocations for factory build spots to build the car the way I want it.
Unless you want to go Individual paint and full merino interior a broker can most likely get you your exact car that is getting ready to enter production. You jump the line for a minimal fee. I picked up a canceled allocation using a broker that was getting ready to enter production, all specs were my exact build and using a broker saved me likely an additional year wait. Brokers form relationships with lots of CA's all over the country and get tipped off when allocations get canceled or open up. From my understanding the Broker/CA split the finder fee which usually isn't all that much if your already dropping $75k + on the car. Your other option is to spend hours/days calling around yourself or wait.. Good luck

Reactions: ssh

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unless you want to go Individual paint and full merino interior a broker can most likely get you your exact car that is getting ready to enter production. You jump the line for a minimal fee. I picked up a canceled allocation using a broker that was getting ready to enter production, all specs were my exact build and using a broker saved me likely an additional year wait. Brokers form relationships with lots of CA's all over the country and get tipped off when allocations get canceled or open up. From my understanding the Broker/CA split the finder fee which usually isn't all that much if your already dropping $75k + on the car. Your other option is to spend hours/days calling around yourself or wait.. Good luck
Thanks. I'm not really familiar with using a broker. I want the tanzinite blue with full mocha leather, so maybe your carve-out applies to me.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Surprising that a dealer would essentially stiff its own customer allocation wait list in favor of a broker's customer.
But then again, this industry has many surprising elements!
I agree. Sounds odd. And the "broker" wants $500. Seems unclear to me whether the broker actually gets raw customizable build allocation spots or rather finds existing cars on lots (or already in build cycle with options set). Trucar lets you search nationwide to see what is in dealer inventory with pretty good filtering tools to narrow colors and options.

· Registered
i4 M50 03/2022
214 Posts
Same situation, no luck getting an allocation yet despite waiting 9 months now, probably should have put multiple deposits down last spring. I have been offered a few canceled M50's and now even used i4's are showing up so its possible something with the color config and options that I want will come sooner than my build. I am also a bit flexible on the color and exact options

· Registered
53 Posts
For a current sampling of MA & CT dealerships i4 M50 allocation wait lists, in addition to my local dealer (where I lucked out at #2 with a cancellation, as otherwise I was going to be #5), the positions I was offered were 7, 9, 18, 21. The 21 is definitely a high-volume dealer (Herb Chambers), but I'd steer clear of it even if I was #1 given their reputation and my experience with other vehicle inquiries.

Many more dealers have ignored my inquiries or been nonresponsive as far as substance in their responses. Plus the 7 & 18 dealers took many emails to get that information, along with explaining, for example, how, no, I would not agree to terms that I have to take delivery in Q2 2023, because you won't have a car for me to take delivery of by then.

(My inquiries were some variation of "Interested in the terms of an i4 M50 build order. And where would I be on your allocation wait list? I understand that just making my way up your wait list for an allocation could take months, and then the eventually assigned production week could be months after that, followed by a typical three-month period from production week to actually taking delivery.")

1 - 17 of 17 Posts