BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer contacted me earlier today with an estimated delivery in week 14, so mine will probably be built a few weeks prior. Currently sitting in status 112.

They did however say that the “planning and logistics” department removed the ambient lighting option from my order.

Does anyone know if there are supply issues causing this option not to be delivered?

· Registered
2023 i4 M50 Individual Brass Metallic
24 Posts
My dealer contacted me earlier today with an estimated delivery in week 14, so mine will probably be built a few weeks prior. Currently sitting in status 112.

They did however say that the “planning and logistics” department removed the ambient lighting option from my order.

Does anyone know if there are supply issues causing this option not to be delivered?
Font Screenshot Rectangle Software Number

Got my VIN today. Production starts next week, just as promised. Ordered 1st of August 2022 in The Netherlands. So my individual M50 will arrive at my dealer in week 6. When I check my VIN on bimmer.work i can see The ambient light in The options.

· Registered
19 Posts
View attachment 22426
Got my VIN today. Production starts next week, just as promised. Ordered 1st of August 2022 in The Netherlands. So my individual M50 will arrive at my dealer in week 6. When I check my VIN on bimmer.work i can see The ambient light in The options.
The Messing metallic M50 👌🏼

Mine will be produced in week 7. Ordered at 31 August :cool:

I asked my sales representative today about the possibility of missing options, but they had nothing heared about it. Their placed orders are early, maybe slots later this year have the problems.

@Simon2707 at which dealership did you order the car?

· Registered
4 Posts
I've got bumped to production week 16 (from 5, from 49).
They asked me to check the options list because Copilot pack returned and DAPP won't be available without High Exec anymore.
I noticed 4UR Ambient Light was missing and they would put it back on - I hope this is not a precursor for restrictions on it. Would really miss it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got an update from my dealer today (Severs-Breeman Woerden) that they were able to add Ambient lighting as a separate option.
My understanding is that it is no longer part of the M-Sport trim. Good to know for those that have a build week coming up...

Another change that is now visible in the configurator is that the ''gear lever'' has been replaced by the same toggle used on the 3 series LCI.
Not sure how I feel about this as I think I preferred the ''old'' lever.

· Registered
4 Posts
Great to know, thanks! I was going to double check the ambient light, but your experience is promising 👍.
I would be VERY happy with the new lever, good news! I think it looks much better, I like the clean look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts