BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
I hate it when people start making a fuss about the space in the back of a car, especially when you're 6'4. Buy a bigger car dude. Get a big SUV like an X5 or Discovery or some Van or Pickup truck, but not an i4.
If you buy an i4 as your "family car", for you, your wife, and 1 or 2 teenage kids and you are that tall, man, your nuts!
If you do buy one, use it to commute to work, on your own, but don't put anyone in the back.
Just my 5c...

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
But...and this is the big but..., we all talk about acceleration figures with EVs these days, because...that's kind of...all of the excitement they have. That's their one-trick pony if you like.
What????

Reactions: Reivax

·
Registered
MB GLA
281 Posts
I hate it when people start making a fuss about the space in the back of a car, especially when you're 6'4. Buy a bigger car dude. Get a big SUV like an X5 or Discovery or some Van or Pickup truck, but not an i4.
If you buy an i4 as your "family car", for you, your wife, and 1 or 2 teenage kids and you are that tall, man, your nuts!
If you do buy one, use it to commute to work, on your own, but don't put anyone in the back.
Just my 5c...
Yes completely agree with your comment (y)

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
I can take the M50 to a pub and brag to your friends...
What a fruitcake...If I had an M3 and would go to a pub, it would be exactly the same. Nobody here in Belgium drives an M3 or M4. That's just a tiny tine percentage of the BMW drivers. You see a lot of 320d on the road, and sometimes a 335i but M-cars? maybe once every week....

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can take the M50 to a pub and brag to your friends...
What a fruitcake...If I had an M3 and would go to a pub, it would be exactly the same. Nobody here in Belgium drives an M3 or M4. That's just a tiny tine percentage of the BMW drivers. You see a lot of 320d on the road, and sometimes a 335i but M-cars? maybe once every week....
We couldn’t agree more. Also, i think comparing the M50 with the Taycan like this guy does is not really fair. The taycan cost like twice the price. For me, they are just not in the same category. I mean, I love the taycan but let’s wait for BMW to prepare a real opponent (I would guess i5 M or i6 M ?) and then will talk.

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
No subscription to his videos...I'd rather have Matt...

Reactions: Inside

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just my 5c...
Yep. I’m 5’7” my wife is 5’6”, my son will maybe be 5’9” and my daughter will probably be 5’5”. Needless to say I have no worries. Plus this will probably never leave the state I live in, so I don’t care about how big the back seat is. If they made the car any bigger he would complain the car was too big to be a 4 series. It's gonna be a great daily in-town driver for me. If my taller friends don't want to ride, that's fine with me too.

Comparing it to a Taycan isn't really fair. Build quality most reviews seem to agree it's up to par with other BMW's. Performance wise it's about what I would expect, the m50 won't be as fun as a m3 / m4, so badging it as a M50 is appropriate.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Joe Achilles is a very popular car YouTuber in the UK/Ireland. He is a huge BMW fanboy. His passion for BMW is perhaps only matched by his detest for EVs :) That considered the outcome of his review actually bodes pretty well for the i4

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
Joe Achilles is a very popular car YouTuber in the UK/Ireland. He is a huge BMW fanboy. His passion for BMW is perhaps only matched by his detest for EVs :) That considered the outcome of his review actually bodes pretty well for the i4
This Joe Average also has a 420i, a 2-door car...
He also reviewed this on YouTube. Do you think he mentioned once getting in the back of this coupé? I don't think so....

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Joe Average also has a 420i, a 2-door car...
He also reviewed this on YouTube. Do you think he mentioned once getting in the back of this coupé? I don't think so....
he did a 440i GC review recently & complained about the rear seating in that. I feel like he was much more positive overall about the i4. He really doesn’t like EVs so I expected an intensely negative review of the i4. This feels like a win :)

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
434 Posts
Just my 5c...
Exactly
Nobody is forced to buy this car.
It's like buying a 3door car and complaining that it should be a 4 door
I'm gonna love my i4 coupe with lots of cargo space. Lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
Watching the review, so relieved to learn I can store furniture in it.
Bjorn Nyland will have to do a table chair test like the banana box tests he does. Lol

·
Registered
315 Posts
Even though I think he had an overly negative view of it, I agree with most of it. Don’t care for his review of the back seat, I know it’s a bit cramped, I tried it, who cares, its fine. He definitely is used to performance BMWs that represent the best of the brand and is not coming from a family barge, and what is important for him is that it’s fun and connected, and that’s hard to do with an EV. For me, four times going 0-100 in an EV and the novelty wears off, and getting some enjoyment within the speed limit is import. That’s why modern sports cars are just too fast, too powerful.
I would be really surprised if he said it was as good as a Taycan for half the price, or that it felt like a real sports car.
For me, it’s in the same price range as a well equipped 330e, so easy choice there, but for the UK market I would never had gone for an EV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The video reviewer mainly complains that the i4 M50 does not have the same handling dynamics of an M3. OK, fine, then go buy an M3. It is still available for sale. I doubt that many people are cross-shopping these two models.

Personally, I am seeking a high-performance daily driver, and the i4 M50 appears to fit that description.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The video reviewer mainly complains that the i4 M50 does not have the same handling dynamics of an M3. OK, fine, then go buy an M3. It is still available for sale. I doubt that many people are cross-shopping these two models.

Personally, I am seeking a high-performance daily driver, and the i4 M50 appears to fit that description.
He also says , it's too fast and wiggly .lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts