BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been patiently waiting... for really just a US configurator to go live... but curious to see if anyone from the US was contacted to begin selecting options for their car to begin production.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been looking at the options myself and hoping to see the configurator go live to play with build options. Not sure if I'd buy new, but perhaps pick up one off lease in 3-4 years when my current PHEV is higher in mileage. Of the cars I've been comparing, the i4 in either RWD or AWD is competitive in pricing structure vs range.

·
Registered
Dravit Grey i4 M50
60 Posts
BMW posted the detailed pricing of the options with the packages and a number of small characters rules on BMW USA News - BMW Group Test Fest Fall 2021, open pdf document 2022 BMW Retail pricing guide and scroll down to the i4 section. Enjoy!
Nice, thanks for this. Looking like my final price will be $72,475 if I pick all the options I want. Glad I have a year to save up, haha

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
@No Nrg , you are welcome. Mine comes up to $75,820. I agonized a lot on the $1,450 Vernasca leather, but it comes with the inflatable side bolsters ("Adjustable seat width") which do not seem to be orderable any other way, the $1,000 Laserlights and the $1,050 Head-up display, but at the end of the day, since it will be in the $70s anyway, I decided to spring for the additional niceties.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm getting my list of options together as well. Do any of you know when a price/lease terms, etc get set with the dealer? Is this something you should negotiate while placing the order, or when the vehicle arrives?

@MinhSATx - Thanks for pointing out the side bolsters & leather... I would prefer sensatec, but the side bolsters are nice too. Decisions...

·
Registered
Dravit Grey i4 M50
60 Posts
I'm getting my list of options together as well. Do any of you know when a price/lease terms, etc get set with the dealer? Is this something you should negotiate while placing the order, or when the vehicle arrives?

@MinhSATx - Thanks for pointing out the side bolsters & leather... I would prefer sensatec, but the side bolsters are nice too. Decisions...
I'm assuming negotiation would take place at delivery since that would be when actual payment and terms begin (unless I'm wrong on that). I have a feeling there won't be much wiggle room though on price. I'm trading in a 2012 Dodge Charger with 65k miles so hoping I can get them to go higher there instead of the actual i4 car price

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BMW posted the detailed pricing of the options with the packages and a number of small characters rules on BMW USA News - BMW Group Test Fest Fall 2021, open pdf document 2022 BMW Retail pricing guide and scroll down to the i4 section. Enjoy!
Super helpful - it looks like the USA options are a bit more advantageous for my taste... and budget!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm thinking an M50 in San Remo Green or Tanzanite Blue II with the Canberra beige Sensatec or the Cognac leather with the Premium Package ($1,050) mostly for the heated seats and steering wheel, carbon fiber interior trim (only $300), and one of the 19" wheel and tire combos.

On the fence about the HUD ($1,000), the Vernasca leather ($1,450), and the Driving Assistance Professional package ($1,700) - I would really like to have ACC.

I just want to drive the car and have fun with it 😁. I really don't care about the tech stuff...

·
Registered
661 Posts
M50 Tanzanite with black leather, ventilated seats, carbon fiber (since no piano black) the rest of the options.... All of them including the exterior carbon package and 20" wheels, HUD, .....

Go BIG or go home. It's already expensive and another $5k won't matter. You either buy it with minimal options or all the options. Not a whole lot in the middle.

Reactions: M.Juul

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange
1,226 Posts
iX will go live on Nov. 11
i4 will go live on Nov. 18.

That's what my dealership told me and they are pretty on the dot.

Your dealership should have already contacted you to setup design appointments.
My dealer told me today not to worry about making the order the first day the configurator goes up.

Once the US production slots become available next year our dates will be assigned according to the preorder date.

So it won't hurt to order a few days later.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.