BMW i4 Forum banner

Anyone Else Out There Who Still Hasn't Take Delivery of Their June 2021 Pre-Order?

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Fayt349 
#1 ·
Been lurking in these forums since pre-order and feeling a bit lonely here. Wondering if there are any, or many, other June 2021 pre-order customers out there who also have not taken delivery yet. Mine is currently cruising across the Atlantic at this very moment. Tracking that ship but it went off the radar...temporarily. Scheduled to arrive at the Panama port on the 10th.

Reactions: lazLA and Faerch
#2 ·
Taken delivery? My car isn't even built yet.
I'm a June 1, 2021 pre-order.
Tanzanite M50, 20" wheels, fully loaded, carbon fiber trim and tartufo full merino leather.

Delayed, delayed, delayed. Been scheduled a total of 5 or 6 times and always kicked back to order received. Currently scheduled for production into the 9th week with no VIN assigned yet.

One day I'll wake up and there will be a VIN. Oh, that's just a dream. I no longer call the Genius Line because it's a waste of time. They are batting 0 with accuracy on build week, so why even bother.

Waiting for my M50......

#3 ·
Taken delivery? My car isn't even built yet.
I'm a June 1, 2021 pre-order.
Tanzanite M50, 20" wheels, fully loaded, carbon fiber trim and tartufo full merino leather.

Delayed, delayed, delayed. Been scheduled a total of 5 or 6 times and always kicked back to order received. Currently scheduled for production into the 9th week with no VIN assigned yet.

One day I'll wake up and there will be a VIN. Oh, that's just a dream. I no longer call the Genius Line because it's a waste of time. They are batting 0 with accuracy on build week, so why even bother.

Waiting for my M50......
Thank you for replying and I am sorry to hear yours hasn't gone into production yet. My order sat with the status of "Order Received" all the way until July of this year, then changed to "Scheduled for Production" for about a month and then once again, rinse and repeat, in Sept and October and then finally went into production the first week of November. Whiplash for sure. I wonder if it had anything to do w/ specific options chosen as my config is quite loaded as well.

Hoping yours doesn't take too much longer to start production. I am sure you're feeling frustrated with the fact that others who placed orders well after our pre-orders have already taken delivery. I know I am. :(

Reactions: LionXV
#4 ·
just got mine so there is hope. It sounds like BMW is trying to pump them out before they start the i4 35s

Reactions: lazLA and c0ven
#7 ·
I know it varies from dealership to dealership depending on how many allocations they have. A few members on this forum have suggested trying other dealerships in neighboring cities which I have done. Originally I was waiting months (still waiting actually) to even get a production number from the closest dealership to me but I ended up contacting a CA (about 40 miles from me) recommended by another member here and I was able to get a production number within the week and it shows "scheduled for production".

The first dealership still has me in the "order bank" which I later learned is just a stack of physical orders on/in someone's desk until they have more allocations.

Reactions: c0ven
#8 ·
Interesting. I am also speculating that there might have been a mishap with the local dealership with my pre-order where it wasn't submitted with the first or second round of orders. I attempted to call another dealership in a nearby city (I am also in CA) to inquire about allocation but they reassured me that the dealerships were not really in control of allocation nor which orders get submitted to the factories first but I do wonder if my order was somehow forgotten or misplaced to begin with.

#9 ·
Sounds like you’re on the Daedalus Leader. There’s a group of us in the Week 45 Support Group on that ship as well.

Reactions: c0ven
#10 ·
Awesome! I am in good company then. 😊

Assuming there is a separate thread somewhere in the forum for said support group?

#12 ·
What I ever going to do when I get a VIN ?

It will be anticlimactic at this point after waiting so long.

Waiting for my M50......

• Haha
Reactions: ssh
#13 ·
Jeez week 9, I'm sorry. I think I'm still scheduled for week 5. One thing I'm taking away from this wait is that whenever the first true electric M sedan comes, I'm placing a preorder the second it becomes available. Not sure I'll even want the car and it may not even help delivery time but might as well.

#14 ·
Jeez week 9, I'm sorry. I think I'm still scheduled for week 5. One thing I'm taking away from this wait is that whenever the first true electric M sedan comes, I'm placing a preorder the second it becomes available. Not sure I'll even want the car and it may not even help delivery time but might as well.
It won't matter. I placed my pre-order when the site opened. I pre-ordered June 1, 2021 and was assigned a dealer June 2, 2021.

I also had a production number in December of last year and they assigned a tentative production week on Jan 3. They can't be accused of being accurate in the assigned days.

Anyway I have been bumped so many times I have lost count. I was scheduled for production almost nine weeks ago.

Waiting for my M50......

#18 ·
TechWiz has the most patience I've ever seen in my entire life. No one else even comes close.

#19 ·
I'm not patient; I just don't see a reasonable alternative to waiting. I'm so invested timewise that any change puts me at the end of a new line.
[emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Waiting for my M50......

• Haha
Reactions: ssh
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.