BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven’t been very active in the last days so perhaps this can be merged to another thread, but as opposed to the Order Tracking thread and other delays related threads, this is just to answer the question-

has anyone on this forum actually got their i4 (40 or M50) delivered and received yet?

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange
1,226 Posts
Haven’t been very active in the last days so perhaps this can be merged to another thread, but as opposed to the Order Tracking thread and other delays related threads, this is just to answer the question-

has anyone on this forum actually got their i4 (40 or M50) delivered and received yet?
I think there is dead silence to that question from North America, though a few of us have a vehicle in Bremerhaven awaiting a ship.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
396 Posts
My i4 has arrived in Australia last week. I am expecting delivery in 2 weeks.
That's a hell of a first post! Congrats and welcome?

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
1,644 Posts
Like @Sesh Kami already mentioned in his posting here, it would certainly be a cool idea to indicate what car you ordered. A lot of people speak of "my i4 had been ordered"..."My i4 this",...."My i4 that", but nobody knows what kind of i4. Is it an eDrive40 or an M50?. You can do so for instance in your account details (Enter vehicle year, make, and model… )
Example: see mine under my avatar

·
Registered
520 Posts
You can do so for instance in your account details (Enter vehicle year, make, and model… )
Example: see mine under my avatar
Sorry but I'm not tempting fate! My i4 details are going there when I have my grubby mits on it 😛

I was going to say my i4 details in this post then I thought some awful moderator would edit my account details to match 😲

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange
1,226 Posts
Sorry but I'm not tempting fate! My i4 details are going there when I have my grubby mits on it 😛

I was going to say my i4 details in this post then I thought some awful moderator would edit my account details to match 😲
J_P you are too cruel to JST 1963. ;)

Clearly it saves space and threads if we put our order on the avatar.

To ward off evil spirits, you can always put wrong information to confuse them, like the high sill on a chinese temple door.

For example, say you have 190" tires, color Dravit puce, etc. :p

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
396 Posts
For example, say you have 190" tires, color Dravit puce, etc. :p
How did you know that's what I drive?

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

(Obviously not. This car THING is hideous.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Tanzanite II Blue metallic i4 M50 was delivered yesterday. It actually came in last week just as I was leaving for a vacation where I had to drive the car that I was transferring the plate from to deliver it to the new buyer (family member)in another state! Arrgh. Well all I can tell you that this color is beautiful and the car looks so much better in person than in any pictures or videos I have seen. As for driving it is fantastic, handling and acceleration are off the charts. I can attest that it is a little squirrely if you accelerate and turn sharply at the same time due to 4 wheel power. An interesting finding is this car is really self driving on the highway with the pro driving package! BMW has made it so you have to touch the steering wheel every 40 seconds or so but I tested it yesterday and with the cruise control and pro driving lane control on it will follow the lanes and keep distance from cars by itself. I think BMW will enable this fully in time. The acceleration is unbelievable it appears to be faster than reported 0-60 is about 3.3 seconds. Top speed is about 131 MPH. The car is well worth the wait.
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Tanzanite II Blue metallic i4 M50 was delivered yesterday. It actually came in last week just as I was leaving for a vacation where I had to drive the car that I was transferring the plate from to deliver it to the new buyer (family member)in another state! Arrgh. Well all I can tell you that this color is beautiful and the car looks so much better in person than in any pictures or videos I have seen. As for driving it is fantastic, handling and acceleration are off the charts. I can attest that it is a little squirrely if you accelerate and turn sharply at the same time due to 4 wheel power. An interesting finding is this car is really self driving on the highway with the pro driving package! BMW has made it so you have to touch the steering wheel every 40 seconds or so but I tested it yesterday and with the cruise control and pro driving lane control on it will follow the lanes and keep distance from cars by itself. I think BMW will enable this fully in time. The acceleration is unbelievable it appears to be faster than reported 0-60 is about 3.3 seconds. Top speed is about 131 MPH. The car is well worth the wait. View attachment 8824 View attachment 8822 View attachment 8823 View attachment 8824
View attachment 8822
View attachment 8823
That looks awesome, what was the total time from order to delivery?

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,572 Posts
I ordered June 7th, 2021, I don't think mine will be here until late June. If no more changes, Production starts May 2nd/bld week 18.
That’s optimistic looking at about 6 weeks from completion to delivery. Based on some of the experiences here, I’m not expecting less than 2 months from completion to delivery. But we can always hope.

·
Registered
i4 40e Brooklyn Grey/Black leather Blue stitching/M Sport pkg/Premium pkg/HK sound
111 Posts
That’s optimistic looking at about 6 weeks from completion to delivery. Based on some of the experiences here, I’m not expecting less than 2 months from completion to delivery. But we can always hope.
I'm expecting 3 months delivery time to US west coast. Looks like a lot of US customers seem to have a build week close to 21 so BMW may be producing in groups based on final destination.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts