BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone plans to reach out to his/her dealer to see if they can grab an HEA spec car.

My current build is very close to one of the HEA specs but still 6$k cheaper after taxes.
On my eDrive40 config I'm happy with the premium essential package and sensatec and the HEA spec includes the premium enhanced package and the vernasca leather.
Everything else matches my config.

I bet that anyone who picks one of those will jump at the front of the list.

If you did not see the details I posted in the general forum

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've looked at it and sent an email to my dealer but haven't heard back yet. Concerns I have are that it appears Advanced Driver Assistance Package (active stop /go) isn't included, the vehicles have performance tires but I would prefer A/S, and laser headlights are mandatory but I'm not interested in paying for them. Also I need universal remote and it doesn't appear that this can be added. Will see what they say.

I hold out local dealer's first M50 reservation. They are a small dealer and I wonder if the HEA spec cars will be offered only to the larger dealers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All the dealer told me is that my M50 is not part of the launch. Sounds like just a few HEA spec vehicles for the publicity. They can't do anything until they are assigned allocation.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't really understand how work the program!
Somebody can explain me?
I don't want to appear cynical, but I think BMW built a few cars loaded to the gills with their maximum profit options, and are offering them "as-is, take it or leave it" to profit from the pent up demand, counting on customers to take them even with options they don't really care for, because they have been waiting for so long. Same trick as the "first editions" which typically cost a lot more than subsequent sensibly configured cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think BMW have scheduled "launch dates" for other countries. (Germany already had theirs??) They will want automotive press coverage and will unveil specially configured vehicles for selected customers. Has a U.S. date been scheduled yet? What dates have already been scheduled?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't really understand how work the program!
Somebody can explain me?
The only thing I know is those are cars pre configured and you cannot change them. No idea who can get one of those, and if you actually order one or they just arrive at the dealer one day and they are sold on a first come basis.

They do this with other BMW models, is not exclusive to the i4.

At least they are not fully loaded and the price matches the configurator if you had picked the same options, they are not more expensive nor cheaper.

·
Registered
MB GLA
281 Posts
The only thing I know is those are cars pre configured and you cannot change them. No idea who can get one of those, and if you actually order one or they just arrive at the dealer one day and they are sold on a first come basis.

They do this with other BMW models, is not exclusive to the i4.

At least they are not fully loaded and the price matches the configurator if you had picked the same options, they are not more expensive nor cheaper.
OK I will keep an eye on and if they meet my configuration I could maybe go ahead with! To follow 😊

1 - 8 of 8 Posts