BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
BMW i4 E40 M Sport
176 Posts
Even if you were joking a bit with your full post, this comment is really spot on. At the end of the day, all of the options are great and with unlimited money of course we would want them all, so it really comes down to whether spending the extra money for each one will impact you and you alone. It doesn’t matter how other people would value them or whether other people think the money is a lot. I’ve seen people say you might as well get all the options because adding $10k to a $68k M50 is a small percentage increase. While true, $68k is also a $12k increase over the $56k base for the e40, and that’s many thousand more than the base price of an ICE 4 series GC. So while continuing to add options, performance, etc. to a car is great, it all comes down to what you are comfortable affording and paying for.

Also the question shouldn’t be whether the options are worth a certain amount of money but whether people like them, and if people like them, everyone can determine for themselves whether they’re worth it.
Absolutely agree. I personally never even considered buying a $60K car before the i4. I was willing to pay for M Sport and Shadowline package because they were important to me but eventually decided leather seats, heated seats and steering wheel (I live in Hawaii), HUD and Laserlights just were not. Somehow I feel Ok spending $63K on an EV I am excited about, but when it started creeping towards $70K I just could not justify it to myself (especially when the federal tax incentive went away). Of course, everyone's situation and judgement is different, but that's how I ended up with my configuration.

· Registered
BMW i4 E40 M Sport
176 Posts
That makes me feel better to hear and glad you had the will power to resist spending more! I’ll be one of the few people with an M50 without premium package, but I never envisioned spending $70k+ on a car. Seriously I thought I would get a Fisker Ocean Ultra for $50-60k, then I starting really liking the i4, they removed PAP from the e40 which was what I was planning to get, and the rest is history! But that’s how I will end up with an M50 without premium package. I just needed to draw the line somewhere! (Apparently HK slipped past that line for me too… wasn’t supposed to but I couldn’t resist)
Funny, I almost snagged an M50 that became available at my dealer. It was relatively stripped down, but I figured for only a couple thousand more than my (at the time) loaded eDrive40 build, I could live without all of those extras and get to own an M50. When someone else jumped on the M50 before me I realized I really didn't need those things on my eDrive 40 either. Yeah, had to get the HK and ambient lighting too though!

• Haha
Reactions: lazLA and gsbaker
1 - 2 of 2 Posts