BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Really depends on how much you like it / use it. I have the HUD on my iX3, but decided to go no HUD for the i4 M50. Why? Simply because the i4 screens are sitting high up, curved and are large size / high resolution - so already an overkill of information in a convenient high-up placement. The HUD itself is rather annoying when it's dark (I find it distracts from the road and road signs), it also creates very strong contrast with the road. Also, in the current iteration, it doesn't project turn-by-turn navigation from Apple CarPlay (only internal nav). But I believe i4 will support this. So really personally I'd disagree that it provides next level of luxury (I certainly don't feel that in the iX3 now), but more of "convenience" feature, that at times is convenient indeed, but other times annoying and distracting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
P.S. you should also realize that when your eyes are focusing on the HUD, they are not focusing on the road, because of very different focal distance! So in fact, several times I "missed" things on the road due to this, can be also dangerous.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts