BMW i4 Forum banner

Do you have the option to manually pre-heat the battery from software version 11/2022?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
i4 M50
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I’d run a poll to see who has the manual battery pre-heat option after the update to software version 11/2022.xx

If you do have the option, please state your software version and when your car was built in the comments.

Thanks!

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,888 Posts
Nope… 11/2022.44

· Registered
i4 M50
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In which case, BMW are playing it safe; trickling out the new feature to relatively small segments of the owner base before a full-scale release.
Hopefully that’s all it is.
Don’t want a repeat of the iX3 situation where the LCI model got it but the pre-LCI model never did, even though it still pre heats if the nav destination is a charge point.

· Registered
9 Posts
I read in a Swedish Fb-group that the preheat functionality does not come with over the air update and there’s another update done by the dealers which add this function. Can still be a regional thing but maybe explains why some people have this.

· Registered
i4 M50, 19" Wheels
1,437 Posts
and there’s another update done by the dealers which add this function
Interesting. My car is going in for the software update on 11th January, I will email them in advance and see if they know anything about this.

· Registered
i4 M50
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting. My car is going in for the software update on 11th January, I will email them in advance and see if they know anything about this.
Sadly, they probably won’t have a clue, but hopefully the dealership upgrade works. It could be that more ECUs get updated at the dealership vs OTA.
Flashing ECUs is always risky so I can certainly see that they’d want to limit any issues caused by updating remotely when the car isn’t connected to a PSU to keep the 12v battery alive while flashing.
Mine is booked in for early February if it doesn’t get the 11/2022 update OTA.
Please keep us updated on how you get on if you can!

· Registered
i4 M50, 19" Wheels
1,437 Posts
Reactions: i4M50Guy

· Registered
380 Posts
Sadly, they probably won’t have a clue, but hopefully the dealership upgrade works. It could be that more ECUs get updated at the dealership vs OTA.
Flashing ECUs is always risky so I can certainly see that they’d want to limit any issues caused by updating remotely when the car isn’t connected to a PSU to keep the 12v battery alive while flashing.
Mine is booked in for early February if it doesn’t get the 11/2022 update OTA.
Please keep us updated on how you get on if you can!
I don't think this option would require an update to the ecu. It's probably a background option in the idrive menu that is hidden.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts