BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can see the battery warranty on the i4 is 8 years or 100 000 miles here...

but it doesn't talk about what amount of degradation would be consider warranty action worthy. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Also...I'm seeing other people saying the battery warranty is only 6 years or 60 000 miles. So, which on is it?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My contract say 6 years 160.000 km on battery, that's about 100 000 miles, but missing two years though...
It's really confusing because here it again state 8 years 160 000 km - albeit this is an i3. You'd think it would be the same warranty. This is in Canada where I am, the other link I posted was from the UK.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Here is California (USA) it's 10 years and 150K miles. It's not BMW that set the terms but the government. They have to comply if they want to sell it here.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is California (USA) it's 10 years and 150K miles. It's not BMW that set the terms but the government. They have to comply if they want to sell it here.

I guess if BMW is selling their car there, they must believe this warranty won't be all that much of an issue. It must be true for all manufacturers selling in California - that they believe they can provide that warranty without too much pain.

·
Registered
135 Posts
So, if I buy a car from a California dealer, I will get a better warranty? I’m in Colorado.
Not sure how it works, but I know that if sold in Ca. It would have a 10yr/150k on motors and battery.

You might have to send the car back to Ca. If there is an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts