BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wanted to share my experience. I ordered an i4 eDrive with a very standard build, non-driving assistance and it went into production fairly quickly in May. Then, it moved onto “At the Port” on May 25th.

It’s heading to the west coast, and I’m wondering if anyone else is on the same situation as me. Been at the port for 20+ days now and BMW genius nor my advisor is any help at all. Sigh!

Forgot to add..I preordered back in June 2021.

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive 40 - Skyscraper Gray Metallic - Cognac Vernasca Leather with contrast stitching -
52 Posts
Hi, just wanted to share my experience. I ordered an i4 eDrive with a very standard build, non-driving assistance and it went into production fairly quickly in May. Then, it moved onto “At the Port” on May 25th.

It’s heading to the west coast, and I’m wondering if anyone else is on the same situation as me. Been at the port for 20+ days now and BMW genius nor my advisor is any help at all. Sigh!

My i4 eDrive 40 is at the port as well but only since June 7, so not as long as you. Headed to the west coast. I formally placed my order in November 22 2021 and got lucky enough to be given a cancelled slot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My M50 was produced April 13 and has shown "at port' status ever since.
Genius gives no further details, and my sales manager said the BMW hotline they used to call to inquire about stuck cars has turned into a black hole.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
952 Posts
Genius gives no further details, and my sales manager said the BMW hotline they used to call to inquire about stuck cars has turned into a black hole.
Sounds like your car is following the same route as @gsbaker 's did.

·
Registered
52 Posts
West Coast here. Been at Port since 6/7.

Reactions: quattrocoupe

·
Registered
‘22 i4 eDrive40 🍉
466 Posts
Only twenty days? That's less than half of what mine spent there.

Lots of shipping shortages thanks to the pandemic. Your car awaits a ship. No way to know when that ship will arrive, or when it will be ready to leave. Sit back, relax, and wonder along with us.

·
Registered
‘22 i4 eDrive40 🍉
466 Posts
I should note, it's entirely luck of the draw. We've had members here whose cars sat for the pre-pandemic usual of three days also. Hopefully your time is almost here.

·
Registered
2015 i3 Rex, i4 M50 on K Line Brooklands arriving at Charleston 7/2/22 trading in my Volvo XC40 EV
162 Posts

Mine was at port since May 20, 22 and left Bremerhafen on June 14th on the K Llne Brooklands. Seems like around 4 weeks is normal what I have seen in this forum.

·
Registered
I4 E-Drive40 - Alpine white
30 Posts
Mine was at port since May 20, 22 and left Bremerhafen on June 14th on the K Llne Brooklands. Seems like around 4 weeks is normal what I have seen in this forum.
Yep I spoke with the genius line earlier this week and they said that it’s essentially one month average, some 12-16 weeks, some less lol. Just absolutely insane.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine is finally in transport. Took about 2 weeks to get on the ship. :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
West Coast? Looks like you got to the port 6/6. Hope us 6/7 people are close 😬
Mid-South - Ship is Hawaiian Highway

Reactions: EL2k3

·
Registered
33 Posts
West coast, at the port today 6/17

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's June 17 and I now have "in transit" status.

UPDATE: Dealer confirms my car is on Horizon Highway - scheduled to arrive in Galveston June 29

·
Registered
52 Posts
SAME!

Status went to “In transit” this morning to the west coast. Let’s hope it doesn’t flip back..
Still says "at Port" for me, You guys probably got on the Orion leader that left Bremerhaven this morning.

Reactions: Elle BMW
1 - 20 of 155 Posts