BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Flipped to In Transit this morning. Hopefully not just moving me to another port. Will continue to monitor 🤞

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine switched to in transit this morning. Edrive40 also to NYC port or Newark port since I’m in NJ.

I think we’re on the same ship. How’d you find your ship?
At this point, it is an educated guess, as it is the only RORO ship to have left Bremerhaven in the last couple weeks with a NYC port of call. Mine too changed to “in transit” the day after it pulled out of port. I plan on calling the BMW genius line tomorrow to confirm.

I’m in western Connecticut, so we should get our new cars about the same time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
After 3 days in transit from Bremerhaven, my car switched back to port as expected. Probably at the Belgium port now if the genius guy was correct. Seems pretty quick and through the weekend so I’m skeptical but those ports are close to each other, so high hopes!
Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just called genius, and they said that my car is headed to the Zeebrugge port now where it will stay for another week where it would be assigned to a vessel towards the west coast.

So we’re not out of the Port hell yet. Many people who’ve had their status changed from “in transit” back to “port” was probably for this reason, so don’t be surprised when it reverts back. He told me it the wait at the Zeebrugge port won’t be as long as the one at Bremerhaven thankfully (average 1 week). Then to Port Hueneme is 3 weeks, then to dealership for configuration and preparation is probably another week.

I’m looking at a Late July/ Early August delivery
Is it normal for it to be 3 weeks to Port Hueneme? Im in the bay area too and mine's been "at the port" the first time since 6/14 and was hoping for mid-late July delivery, but given that timeline it probably wont happen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
After 3 days in transit from Bremerhaven, my car switched back to port as expected. Probably at the Belgium port now if the genius guy was correct. Seems pretty quick and through the weekend so I’m skeptical but those ports are close to each other, so high hopes!
View attachment 11139
Same here, reverted from in transit to at the port. Guessing transported from German port to Belgium port.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
870 Posts
Is it normal for it to be 3 weeks to Port Hueneme? Im in the bay area too and mine's been "at the port" the first time since 6/14 and was hoping for mid-late July delivery, but given that timeline it probably wont happen.
Normal to Hueneme from Bremerhaven is ~30 days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
At this point, it is an educated guess, as it is the only RORO ship to have left Bremerhaven in the last couple weeks with a NYC port of call. Mine too changed to “in transit” the day after it pulled out of port. I plan on calling the BMW genius line tomorrow to confirm.

I’m in western Connecticut, so we should get our new cars about the same time.
I just got confirmation that my car made it onto the Morning Lena! I feel like I just made it past the biggest hurdle of sitting at the port.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just got confirmation that my car made it onto the Morning Lena! I feel like I just made it past the biggest hurdle of sitting at the port.
You did just make it past the hurdle. How long were you at the port for?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
You’re probably looking at September. Genius told me I’m looking at mid August and I’ve been at the port since 5/24

·
Registered
9 Posts
How long do they sit at the port they disembark? Is that a fairly quick process?
Not really sure. I have heard anything from one day to a week. I’ve also heard some horror stories of weeks. I am only a couple hours from the NY port, so I am hoping to get the car with-in a week of arrival.

·
Registered
486 Posts
You’re probably looking at September. Genius told me I’m looking at mid August and I’ve been at the port since 5/24
[/QUOTE
I'm still at the port since 6/10..........I was hoping for a late July, early August delivery. I'm in Nevada so west coast delivery for me too. You have burst my bubble, LOL. I hope I get on an earlier boat.
I'm still at the port since 6/10..........I was hoping for a late July, early August delivery. I'm in Nevada so west coast delivery for me too. You have burst my bubble, LOL. I hope I get on an earlier boat.

41 - 60 of 151 Posts