BMW i4 Forum banner
561 - 580 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was expecting mine to be delivered mid October, informed with the dealer yesterday and they told me it is put back on hold. They were going to check with BMW Belux to get some more information and would get back to you. But guess I will have to wait longer now. Ordered first week of October last year

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,361 Posts

·
Registered
I4M50 SanRemo
13 Posts
I was expecting mine to be delivered mid October, informed with the dealer yesterday and they told me it is put back on hold. They were going to check with BMW Belux to get some more information and would get back to you. But guess I will have to wait longer now. Ordered first week of October last year
I ordered too first week of oct 2021 , dealer told production 2023 4 weeks ago. But 2 weeks ago got mail from leasing, 28/10/2022 delivery...who believes that ? I for sure not until the car stands on my driveway....we wait as before...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I ordered too first week of oct 2021 , dealer told production 2023 4 weeks ago. But 2 weeks ago got mail from leasing, 28/10/2022 delivery...who believes that ? I for sure not until the car stands on my driveway....we wait as before...
Well, I would call your dealer again, because the date your lease company gave you, came from your dealer. So he must know more!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not sure if that´s the case. Colleague of mine ordered early october 2021, delivery date from leasing 31/12/2023
That means the lease company still hasn't gotten an update from the dealer. And I'm sure the date given here was there from the beginning. That's because the lease companies have no info from the dealer, so they put their own estimate on it.

·
Registered
I4M50 SanRemo
13 Posts
That means the lease company still hasn't gotten an update from the dealer. And I'm sure the date given here was there from the beginning. That's because the lease companies have no info from the dealer, so they put their own estimate on it.
First estimation last year was 08/2022. Dealer told many times production for 2023 somewhere....now leasing says suddenly an effective date 28/10/2022.Wait and see.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Where else do you think the leasing company gets their info? Do you think they want to annoy you by changing a date far far away (sound like Star Wars) to one that is nearby, and then when the day comes, they have to apologize and give you a new date 3 months back to the future (huh? movie night today?).
Did you think they get all the information from BMW Belux?
Hell no, all info comes from your dealer. That dealer can act stupid and won't tell you but 2 weeks in advance. That way you are happy as a kid for the new play tool you're about to get, and you'll start liking your dealer again.
Besides, it's your dealer who ordered the car at BMW AG, not the lease company. You or your company orders it at a leasing company, and they order it at a dealer in the neighborhood of your company or the dealer of your preference. Then the order goes to BMW AG, but always via your dealer.
So, call your dealer and he will confirm October 28th

·
Registered
I4M50 SanRemo
13 Posts
Where else do you think the leasing company gets their info? Do you think they want to annoy you by changing a date far far away (sound like Star Wars) to one that is nearby, and then when the day comes, they have to apologize and give you a new date 3 months back to the future (huh? movie night today?).
Did you think they get all the information from BMW Belux?
Hell no, all info comes from your dealer. That dealer can act stupid and won't tell you but 2 weeks in advance. That way you are happy as a kid for the new play tool you're about to get, and you'll start liking your dealer again.
Besides, it's your dealer who ordered the car at BMW AG, not the lease company. You or your company orders it at a leasing company, and they order it at a dealer in the neighborhood of your company or the dealer of your preference. Then the order goes to BMW AG, but always via your dealer.
So, call your dealer and he will confirm October 28th
Yes, I fully agree , I know how it works. But we are in Belgium...have seen and heard many stories over car dealers whatever brand, the last decades...I'll just wait and see, especially after asking the dealer several times the last 8 months. They would keep me updated whenever there was news. Now I keep my word as I promised not to ask for an update anymore this year. As they told me and I saw the order on screen....production in 2023. If something changed recently they would contact me.....let's see if they keep their word. I'll do.

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50 Dravit Grey
124 Posts
As they told me and I saw the order on screen....production in 2023. If something changed recently they would contact me.....let's see if they keep their word. I'll do.
I also ordered in October 2021 and my dealer recently told me « delivery end of October/early November 2022». So, that seems to be consistent with the info from your leasing company

·
Registered
I4M50 SanRemo
13 Posts
I also ordered in October 2021 and my dealer recently told me « delivery end of October/early November 2022». So, that seems to be consistent with the info from your leasing company
Yes, that seems so. Strange they told me beginning of August . status 57 and production 2023. Apparently it can change fast ...as it looks now. Hopefully for me it is true and maybe it gives some support for others waiting for some time already. I hope.

·
Registered
57 Posts
got some feedback from the dealer. Car is back to status 105, so normally it should still be delivered this year but he has his doubts :( They currently have 60 cars with status 105 (all models) and 105 that have a status where the delivery will not be this year. which means no income from those cars for them which is starting to become a challenge for them

·
Registered
I4 M50 Brooklyn Grey
33 Posts
got some feedback from the dealer. Car is back to status 105, so normally it should still be delivered this year but he has his doubts :( They currently have 60 cars with status 105 (all models) and 105 that have a status where the delivery will not be this year. which means no income from those cars for them which is starting to become a challenge for them
Seems strange ... if it would be in production this year, they would know for sure by now... I believe it was at Van Osch they told me they would know all deliveries for the end of the year in July...so if they didn't know then, I don't believe it changes now. But since all deliveries are pretty much a lottery, I might be wrong and I hope I am wrong :)

·
Registered
i4 e40 M-pack,18" 858 M, DravitGrau
66 Posts
Yes, that seems so. Strange they told me beginning of August . status 57 and production 2023. Apparently it can change fast ...as it looks now. Hopefully for me it is true and maybe it gives some support for others waiting for some time already. I hope.
Possibly still highly related to options and complementary cable-harnass needed for your/our cars. Also laser headlights were a huge issue was something I read a few weeks ago.

561 - 580 of 619 Posts