BMW i4 Forum banner
601 - 619 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm Thierry's colleague :)

ordered an e40 with loads of options on 31/12/2021 ay Llouyet Brussels
Yesterday I called to get more info (up untill now I mailed or went there and they did not respond or just say "we have no info") they needed to check and call me back.
today they said a bit embarassed, yes, we have a problem with your order, DAPP, 360° cameras, driver recorder and lazelights are not available at the moment for your configuration (read e40's).

When I answer that at least the laserlights are still available on the configurator, he says its an error...

He will make a new offer without the options and give me a list of other options that I could choose from. but since its options that I didn't choose before it means i'm not really interested in them... to be continued...

they seem to do their best to ruin the customer experience
I don't know how the i4 factory is handling the orders and the communication to the European delears. Or the dealers don't want to share bad news. Reading the posts on this forum, it seems that the americans customers are better informed.

·
Registered
I4 M50 Brooklyn Grey
33 Posts
I don't know how the i4 factory is handling the orders and the communication to the European delears. Or the dealers don't want to share bad news. Reading the posts on this forum, it seems that the americans customers are better informed.
I wouldn't say "better" informed, I believe they have other ways of being informed :)

Reactions: Landry

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know that parking lot ...😄

Seems like the people ordered at centerauto are the real winners...

Still no news from Jorssen for all cars ordered after 1/10/2021
Some news from my dealer. He told me the park assis pro will be available at the end of the year so I'll wait to have it. But he told me the the laser light are not available because of shortage and because BMW have many difficulties to recycle those light, so it's possible that they delete it from all the models. He is waiting the answer from Germany.

·
Registered
i4 M50 - Saphirschwarz - 18"
22 Posts

Yesterday I called to get more info (up untill now I mailed or went there and they did not respond or just say "we have no info") they needed to check and call me back.
today they said a bit embarassed, yes, we have a problem with your order, DAPP, 360° cameras, driver recorder and lazelights are not available at the moment for your configuration (read e40's).

When I answer that at least the laserlights are still available on the configurator, he says its an error...

He will make a new offer without the options and give me a list of other options that I could choose from. but since its options that I didn't choose before it means i'm not really interested in them... to be continued...

I keep you informed what my colleague will receive as feedback on his call/mail. I told him to contact them but I don't know of he did already.

I will check again for my M50 about any issues of production (laser lights etc).
Of course we have to consider that on M50 they will certainly not drop all.options.
I have no DAPP, no PAP, no drive recorder. Only the laser lights in the Innovation Pack.

·
Registered
i4 M50 - Saphirschwarz - 18"
22 Posts
ok, edited, it was in 2021, not used to typing that anymore...
Be careful about new offer, if you have leasing contract. If you original offer was on 31/12/2021, then asking for a new offer now at the lease company will give totally other figures.
There is at least a diffierence of 7% of discount between 2021 and now on the car.
On top of that, the monthly leasing price has signficantlly being changed since 08/2022.
Based on our figures (ALD/Arval), for an i4 it's 250€/month more since 08/22.

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,361 Posts
Some news from my dealer. He told me the park assis pro will be available at the end of the year so I'll wait to have it. But he told me the the laser light are not available because of shortage and because BMW have many difficulties to recycle those light, so it's possible that they delete it from all the models. He is waiting the answer from Germany.
I don't believe it. They've been doing this for years (I have them on my 2020).

·
Registered
76 Posts
I keep you informed what my colleague will receive as feedback on his call/mail. I told him to contact them but I don't know of he did already.

I will check again for my M50 about any issues of production (laser lights etc).
Of course we have to consider that on M50 they will certainly not drop all.options.
I have no DAPP, no PAP, no drive recorder. Only the laser lights in the Innovation Pack.
[With Darth Vader voice]: Thierry, I'm your colleague:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
i4 e40 M-pack,18" 858 M, DravitGrau
66 Posts
Be careful about new offer, if you have leasing contract. If you original offer was on 31/12/2021, then asking for a new offer now at the lease company will give totally other figures.
There is at least a diffierence of 7% of discount between 2021 and now on the car.
On top of that, the monthly leasing price has signficantlly being changed since 08/2022.
Based on our figures (ALD/Arval), for an i4 it's 250€/month more since 08/22.
A recently started colleague of mine tried to order the car kitted like I have in 2021 and with the exact same TCO went 10.5k over budget.
Go figure.

·
Registered
66 Posts
BMW has changed the discount at the end of last year and all constructors have increased the prices since then.
I was expecting some compromises since then, but the difference is huge. He can order a barebones, 0 options e40 with lease wallbox and still has a downpayment of about 1k..
I have a 44 euro downpayment with basically every option pack available, M-body, 2k wallbox(already installed @ house since Q2 2022), sun reflective rear windows, heated steering wheel and dravitgrau individual color.

That's night and day.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Wow, I only now read about DAPP in this list. They can't be serious.
Losing basically every other option I could live with, but if I get this call for my order I will say thanks and leave the car at the dealership.
Safety options is not something I am lenient on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow, I only now read about DAPP in this list. They can't be serious.
Losing basically every other option I could live with, but if I get this call for my order I will say thanks and leave the car at the dealership.
Safety options is not something I am lenient on.
it was a typo, its PAP not DAPP (option that I didnt have)
I now got a "new offer" with DAP (not DAPP), extra shadowline nose, tinted rear windows and active cruise control instead of PAPP, lumbar support for passenger seat, driver reorder and laserlights. as of my calculations the amounts do not match up, so I basically get options that I didn't orderfor 200€ less wort than what I ordered... talk about customer experience. I asked them to do their maths again...

·
Registered
66 Posts
it was a typo, its PAP not DAPP (option that I didnt have)
I now got a "new offer" with DAP (not DAPP), extra shadowline nose, tinted rear windows and active cruise control instead of PAPP, lumbar support for passenger seat, driver reorder and laserlights. as of my calculations the amounts do not match up, so I basically get options that I didn't orderfor 200€ less wort than what I ordered... talk about customer experience. I asked them to do their maths again...
Still see a lot of mention that DAPP is unavailable for 2023 on e40's, makes me a bit worried.

Thinking it over and cooling down a bit this still feels especially sour because they raked in a boatload of otherwise polestar2 and tesla model3 orders I reckon. Rightfully so with the way they presented the i4 and e40 full option in particular. If I knew about this beforehand a polestar2 would probably already be on my driveway for a good while now.

They also have the upper hand in where me cancelling and going for another option has more negatives for me in this point in time than it has for them.

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,361 Posts
They also have the upper hand in where me cancelling and going for another option has more negatives for me in this point in time than it has for them.
Definitely. No negatives. They'll fill your spot immediately and probably at a higher price.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Oh guys, what the f**** is going on right now...
Hope this is getting better soon and cars get delivered as ordered.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh guys, what the f**** is going on right now...
Hope this is getting better soon and cars get delivered as ordered.
The more I read the less I get my hopes up for DAPP. Going to have to wait and see.

If by the time it finally does ship and does not have it, I will contact fleet and check wether a full kit polestar2 is available for the same TCO.

601 - 619 of 619 Posts