BMW i4 Forum banner
761 - 780 of 831 Posts

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,766 Posts
Mine is planned for production end january, after several date changes (ordered nov 21). The dealer said is still not confirmed and can still be postponed. Tired of waiting...
This might not be the car for you, then. Some of us waited well over a year. @Techwiz1 is the champion, having preordered 1 June 2021 (yes, 18 months ago).

· Registered
16 Posts
This might not be the car for you, then. Some of us waited well over a year. @Techwiz1 is the champion, having preordered 1 June 2021 (yes, 18 months ago).
I don’t agree with this statement… it’s not normal that you have to wait for a car this long. It’s a BMW, not a Bugatti Chiron. It’s also a missed opportunity for BMW. A lot of my collegues have chosen the Tesla as a leasing car because this car was quickly available. Secondly, when I ordered my e40, I didn’t have the leasing budget to add the M pack but with new e35 drive I could have it. So besides delivery times another disappointment. The chance exists when finally your car arrives, a few months later BMW will release a facelift … and you drive a “old model”. Maybe I exaggerate but that’s the feeling you get. Happy 2023!

· Registered
151 Posts
I don’t agree with this statement… it’s not normal that you have to wait for a car this long. It’s a BMW, not a Bugatti Chiron. It’s also a missed opportunity for BMW. A lot of my collegues have chosen the Tesla as a leasing car because this car was quickly available. Secondly, when I ordered my e40, I didn’t have the leasing budget to add the M pack but with new e35 drive I could have it. So besides delivery times another disappointment. The chance exists when finally your car arrives, a few months later BMW will release a facelift … and you drive a “old model”. Maybe I exaggerate but that’s the feeling you get. Happy 2023!
But you knew upfront that the delivery time would be +1year. Unless your dealer lied to you ofc.

· Registered
16 Posts
I don’t agree with this statement… it’s not normal that you have to wait this long. It’s a BMW, not a Bugatti Chiron. It’s also a missed opportunity for BMW. A lot of my collegues have chosen the Tesla as a leasing car because it was
But you knew upfront that the delivery time would be +1year. Unless your dealer lied to you ofc.
Nope … ordered in oct. 2021 and delivery would take place in the summer 2022.

· Registered
41 Posts
Nope … ordered in oct. 2021 and delivery would take place in the summer 2022.
All the I4’s that were ordered at our companie, at 4 different dealers, had a delivery date somewhere in 2023. Order in October and November 21.

Even the one (mine) that had a 2022 allocation.

But of course we all do understand and share your frustration.😭😀

Try to hold on a little longer! It will be worth the wait. ❤

· Administrator
7,766 Posts
You can disagree all you want, but the fact is that BMW has had many challenges building enough of these cars, including pandemic, supply chain, war impact, and so on. My point is if you don't want to wait a year, this likely isn't the car for you, since that has consistently been the timeline. You may get lucky and get it sooner, but the only folks who have are those who have taken over a cancellation. It's just the way it is.

· Registered
16 Posts
You can disagree all you want, but the fact is that BMW has had many challenges building enough of these cars, including pandemic, supply chain, war impact, and so on. My point is if you don't want to wait a year, this likely isn't the car for you, since that has consistently been the timeline. You may get lucky and get it sooner, but the only folks who have are those who have taken over a cancellation. It's just the way it is.
I still disagree with your statement. If BMW promises delivery terms of 6 months when ordering, then I can live with 8 months even 9 months. But we are more than a year away. Since this is also a company car and taxed less heavily in Belgium than my diesel, this is a loss of income for some people.
Covid or not, why do other people have their car faster. A colleague of mine from the Netherlands had ordered his car after me and had it in 6 months.

· Administrator
7,766 Posts
I still disagree with your statement. If BMW promises delivery terms of 6 months when ordering, then I can live with 8 months even 9 months. But we are more than a year away. Since this is also a company car and taxed less heavily in Belgium than my diesel, this is a loss of income for some people.
Covid or not, why do other people have their car faster. A colleague of mine from the Netherlands had ordered his car after me and had it in 6 months.
They got a cancellation.

Who promised you 6 months? If they did, I agree they should honor it, but no dealer in their right mind would promise that!

Reactions: W645

· Administrator
7,766 Posts
Unfortunately they did … delivery in the summer of 2022.
If in writing, they certainly owe you.

If not, it's another shocking instance of a lying salesperson.

· Registered
BMW i4 M50 - Dravit Grey - 861 M 19" rims - Ordered 21.12.2021
17 Posts
View attachment 21410

The Beast is home :) A Fantastic car ...
To all waiting … just relax … I confirm, it’s worth the wait.
Next step for me is to wait my next appointment for full PPF protection mid January, the work will take 2 weeks, so not gonna drive her for the next 4 weeks … so back in the waiting room, you are not alone ;-)

· Registered
41 Posts
To all waiting … just relax … I confirm, it’s worth the wait.
Next step for me is to wait my next appointment for full PPF protection mid January, the work will take 2 weeks, so not gonna drive her for the next 4 weeks … so back in the waiting room, you are not alone ;-)
🤣 is it an SM thing?

I’m gonna use mine on road construction sites. Maybe I need a PPPPPPF protection.

· Registered
BMW i4 M50 - Dravit Grey - 861 M 19" rims - Ordered 21.12.2021
17 Posts
🤣 is it an SM thing?

I’m gonna use mine on road construction sites. Maybe I need a PPPPPPF protection.
😂 Yes it is, more precisely a fetishism thing ;-)

more seriously, I hope this would protect from chips and micro scratches. I think it is worth nothing for brand new car like this.
On top of it there will be a ceramic coating for ease to maintain and an always bright look over the years.
You could also go for partial PPF … especially if you gonna drive on construction roads … I think it is a must.

· Registered
Volvo V60 b4 '21 - BMW i4 edrive40 Skyscraper Grey, Cognac
36 Posts
Yes indeed Van Osch, waiting for production (I'm not gonna spam my dealer 😅). I'm gonna ask for an update mid december.

My configuration:
i4 edrive40
Skyscraper Grey
Cognac interior
Mesh effect trim

Business pack (hud, navi prof...)
Ambient lighting
Harman Kardon Audio system
Tow hitch
Heated seats
Just got the message that my car is in the depot in Belgium, delivery in the next 3 weeks 🥳

· Registered
41 Posts
Congrats!! So that’s exactly 12 months since you ordered. In today’s light that’s an ok delivery time 😅

I had some colleagues ordering an e40 at the same dealer somewhere in October 21. Estimated delivery time mid 2023… fascinating.

761 - 780 of 831 Posts