BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered: M50
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I start the wait for my M50, I was wondering if anyone knew if Bimmercode will likely work? Used a bit on my 7 series, for a little gentle enhancing.......

·
Registered
i4 M50 Dravit Grey ordered 1/2022
156 Posts
I watched a YT video last night where a guy used Bimmercode to do some minor coding on his M4comp. He was able to code his HK sound with the Bowers & Wilkerson settings to get a lot better sound. He also played around with the ambient lighting to add more options. I can see myself doing this down the road

·
Registered
661 Posts
I watched a YT video last night where a guy used Bimmercode to do some minor coding on his M4comp. He was able to code his HK sound with the Bowers & Wilkerson settings to get a lot better sound. He also played around with the ambient lighting to add more options. I can see myself doing this down the road
I use Carly for Android. I guess they will eventually add the i4.

I also have a laptop with INPA.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

·
Registered
98 Posts
What do you want to know? :)
What sort of options can you change with the software? I'm aware of the software but never really understood what kind of things people change with the code - I'm a techy so this is something I would love to "play" with when my car arrives :)

Can the software be used for things like enabling auto dimming / active cruie control etc (which has the hardware installed but requires an OTA purchase)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can do almost "whatever you want". I can do some screenshots for whats available. I did coding for retrofit the old "touch column stalks" that always stands in 0-position. I do also enabled video in motion and video from USB.

I will figure out if its possible to code so the outer ring always stands on when using the turn signal. I dont like the look when it turns off, and then turns on the turn signals before it turns off and on again. Will try to code it like the F10 LED headlight style.

I did the same on a G20 3-series.

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
395 Posts
Um. Then why the pictures of the removed steering wheel?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts