BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pondering if I should add the enhanced package to my eDrive40 order. The upgrade would be CAD$3,600. Some of the items in package are pretty useless - ambient lighting, Galvanic Controls, Parking Assistant (not needed, not that it doesnt work). HK surround sound and head-up display are interesting, but not adding up to the additional cost. The other item included is the BMW Drive Recorder. Searching in Youtube; the BMW Drive Recorder seems to be pretty useless (only record 40s if you press a button?!?), and not even close to the Tesla Sentry mode. Would the i4 have a new Recorder, or the same old same old?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm pondering if I should add the enhanced package to my eDrive40 order. The upgrade would be CAD$3,600. Some of the items in package are pretty useless - ambient lighting, Galvanic Controls, Parking Assistant (not needed, not that it doesnt work). HK surround sound and head-up display are interesting, but not adding up to the additional cost. The other item included is the BMW Drive Recorder. Searching in Youtube; the BMW Drive Recorder seems to be pretty useless (only record 40s if you press a button?!?), and not even close to the Tesla Sentry mode. Would the i4 have a new Recorder, or the same old same old?
Automatically or manual activation – the BMW Drive Recorder films your surroundings for up to 40 seconds. This allows you to document dangerous driving situations in road traffic. With the BMW Drive Recorder, you can also collect wonderful memories of beautiful routes at the press of a button. Four integrated cameras mean that it is easy to shoot videos.
  • Up to 40 seconds of video footage of your surroundings.
  • Automatic activation is triggered in the event of an accident.
  • Videos can also be saved manually at the press of a button.
The features described here may not be fully supported in all markets. May only be available with additional optional equipment. Availability of BMW ConnectedDrive Services are dependent on vehicle specification, optional equipment and production date. Please consult your local BMW Retailer for more information if required.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My only objection is on why only 40 seconds?
(I can think some technical reasons but not too flattering for BMW)
We should be able to plug a 128/256 GB USB stick and have hours and hours of recordings.
:confused:
Otherwise is useful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with you - some of the features of the enhanced package in Canada are nice to have but costly. I have never used the parking assistant on my i3, and the head-up display on our X3 doesn't work when I am wearing my polarized sunglasses. The BMW drive recorder is useless compared with what Tesla offers, and I would never use it unless I was in an accident. (I've been driving for more than 55 years with no accidents but we never know) Can't judge the HK system in the i4 without listening to it, and it depends what type of music we listen to. I won't be selecting these options and will be putting my savings towards the M50 version where AWD will make a real difference for me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Automatically or manual activation – the BMW Drive Recorder films your surroundings for up to 40 seconds. This allows you to document dangerous driving situations in road traffic. With the BMW Drive Recorder, you can also collect wonderful memories of beautiful routes at the press of a button. Four integrated cameras mean that it is easy to shoot videos.
The features described here may not be fully supported in all markets. May only be available with additional optional equipment. Availability of BMW ConnectedDrive Services are dependent on vehicle specification, optional equipment and production date. Please consult your local BMW Retailer for more information if required.
Welcome to the forum @NunoSantos
Which BMW i4 model and spec are you going with? Did you get a delivery date yet?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My only objection is on why only 40 seconds?
(I can think some technical reasons but not too flattering for BMW)
We should be able to plug a 128/256 GB USB stick and have hours and hours of recordings.
:confused:
Otherwise is useful.

It may be due to the privacy rules in Germany
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/iulhzy
As a global product, BMW should have this feature more flexible to accommodate to the others

·
Registered
175 Posts
You'd think that it would be longer than 40 seconds in the case of an accident. I had no idea it was that quick.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It may be due to the privacy rules in Germany
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/iulhzy
As a global product, BMW should have this feature more flexible to accommodate to the others
Hmm!:unsure:
That could certainly be a reason.
Then I hope a hack would be available for surpassing the limit.
All my phones had a restriction for recording calls and for all of them there was a hack or a software that allowed that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts