BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am 3d printing BMW Flexible Charger Mount with a J1772/Cable Holder. If anyone would like one I can print the slide mount for Flexible Charger and Cable holder for $30 Shipped (48 states) with a choice of color. I can do other colors but I will have to order the filament. Printed on a Prusa MK3S+ and with high quality PETG filament. Will attach more pics this afternoon.
Output device Peripheral Font Cable Gas

Charger Bracket Options:
1. Wall Plug Adapter is on Top-mounted Vertically (meaning that the wire with J1772 that goes to the car will be pointed to the floor)
Light Wood Street light Line Audio equipment
Rectangle Gesture Gadget Font Technology

2. Wall Plug Adapter is on Bottom-mounted Vertically (meaning that the wire with J1772 that goes to the car will be pointed to the ceiling)
Peripheral Automotive lighting Input device Gadget Cable
Rectangle Audio equipment Font Gadget Electronic instrument

J1772/Cable Holder
Automotive design Font Pattern Flooring Grass

PETG Color Options:
Black, Silver, Green, Blue, White, and Orange.

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Gas Flooring
Automotive design Audio equipment Font Bumper Automotive tire
Automotive design Gas Wood Electrical wiring Electric blue

NOTICE: I didn't expect so many orders and don't have enough boxes and Allen screw for back plate. So I have some on order from Amazon that will get here Friday. I will drop off 5 orders off this Saturday 7/30/2022. Please bare with me while I get all the logistics together :D

Printing Status:

1. Blue Kit Option 1 - ssh- Shipped
2. Black Kit Option 1 - paulbazo- Canceled
3. Blue J1772/Cable Holder - dudenjen - Shipped
4. Black Kit Option 2 - Michael Scarn - Shipped
5. Black Kit Option 1 - AlohaMike- Shipped
6. Blue Kit Option 1 - Blinget52 - Shipped
7. Silver Kit Option 1 - joeFish - Shipped
8. Blue Kit Option 1 - MattD - Shipped
9. Black Kit Option 1 - Bulda Doga - Shipped
10. Black Kit Option 2- C-Dub - Shipped

Note: 3D Printed Parts are not like Injection Molded Parts. The surface will show extrusion rings, artifacts, blemishes and other signs of plastic extrusion. This will occur with any 3D Printed parts using the FDM method of printing as we do. Slanted and curved vertical (Z Axis) surfaces will show more extrusions, artifacts, blemishes and signs of plastic extrusion than flatter parts. This in no way deters from the parts functionality. All parts are inspected prior to shipment.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,968 Posts
That’s cool! Is that blue Portimao? ;)

Reactions: M3HNGRY

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s cool! Is that blue Portimao? ;)
Blue is very close to the j1772 handle in picture above. I will post pictures of the filament colors this evening :D

·
Premium Member
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,968 Posts
Ok. I’ll take one! DM me your Venmo!

·
Registered
2022 BMW X5 45e
127 Posts
That’s amazing what you can do with 3D printing.

·
Premium Member
2022 I4 E40 Fully Loaded except HUD, M50 on order
219 Posts
I need one, but can you show a picture of the holder with the charger? as you know the nema 10-50 adapter vcanle connects at 180 to the charger, so the lights on the charger face the wall, but that fine, I just need something to hold the charger so is does not hank from the nema socket.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need one, but can you show a picture of the holder with the charger? as you know the nema 14-50 adapter connects at 180 to the charger, so the lights on the charger face the wall, but that fine, I just need something to hold the charger so is does not hank from the nema socket.
Will do! I am using the 14-50 and it holds the charger just fine :D Display of charger is face the correct way so we can see it works.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does everyone have the nema 14-50 cable reversed like this:
Gas Machine Home security Security Composite material
I have noticed this as well but doesn't really interfere with it installed. Also, I updated the original post with options and pics.

V/R

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great, I need one, how do I pay and when can you ship, any color is fine but prefer black
So it takes me about 1 day to print and I can ship the next day. I can do black for you no problem :D I sent you a pm with the details.

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
Brooklyn Grey i4 e40, Tacora Red Vernasca, M Sport, DAPP, PAP, HUD, Shadowline, Prem, Laserlight, HK
59 Posts
I am 3d printing BMW Flexible Charger Mount with a J1772/Cable Holder. If anyone would like one I can print the slide mount for Flexible Charger and Cable holder for $30 Shipped (48 states) with a choice of color. I can do other colors but I will have to order the filament. Printed on a Prusa MK3S+ and with high quality PETG filament. Will attach more pics this afternoon.

Charger Bracket Options:
1. Wall Plug Adapter is on Top-mounted Vertically (meaning that the wire with J1772 that goes to the car will be pointed to the floor)
View attachment 12765 View attachment 12766

2. Wall Plug Adapter is on Bottom-mounted Vertically (meaning that the wire with J1772 that goes to the car will be pointed to the ceiling)
View attachment 12764 View attachment 12767

J1772/Cable Holder
View attachment 12721 View attachment 12768

PETG Color Options:
Black, Silver, Green, Blue, White, and Orange.

Note: 3D Printed Parts are not like Injection Molded Parts. The surface will show extrusion rings, artifacts, blemishes and other signs of plastic extrusion. This will occur with any 3D Printed parts using the FDM method of printing as we do. Slanted and curved vertical (Z Axis) surfaces will show more extrusions, artifacts, blemishes and signs of plastic extrusion than flatter parts. This in no way deters from the parts functionality. All parts are inspected prior to shipment.
Hi there, I’m interested for sure. Feel free to PM me when you get the chance

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First set in blue is done. I also picked up screws to include with the kit! Now to find a box or envelope to mail this economically. :)
Automotive design Gas Wood Electrical wiring Electric blue

• Love

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 70 Posts