BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Normal spoiler already subtracts 8km range on the m50 model, I estimate this spoiler will remove a whole lot more - maybe easily 20km range, then 40km range removed on the 20” rims and most likely also some loss on the grille - so not recommended if you’re considering for the electric models

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normal spoiler already subtracts 8km range on the m50 model, I estimate this spoiler will remove a whole lot more - maybe easily 20km range, then 40km range removed on the 20” rims and most likely also some loss on the grille - so not recommended if you’re considering for the electric models
The salesman at my local dealer told me that they do tests on all this, and the difference is minimal. The cynical side of me understands that he is a salesman and doesn't want me to worry so that I spend more money, do you have any proof of these actual numbers for the loss of range? Wouldn't you have to be an insider to get this sort of information?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The salesman at my local dealer told me that they do tests on all this, and the difference is minimal. The cynical side of me understands that he is a salesman and doesn't want me to worry so that I spend more money, do you have any proof of these actual numbers for the loss of range? Wouldn't you have to be an insider to get this sort of information?
Do your own research. My numbers are from configurator. Changing certain component changes shown range. Surely BMW configurator wouldn't lie.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do your own research. My numbers are from configurator. Changing certain component changes shown range. Surely BMW configurator wouldn't lie.
This forum is the research I am doing because I can't get those answers from the Canadian BMW site. Do you have access to an I4 and a wind tunnel?. The cars aren't out yet and I am not an insider, so I can't do my own research. (Thanks for your answer...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts