BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
The internet is indeed abuzz. This also means that we will have proper track testing and drag races from the German and British YouTubers soon. Good news indeed, @Bobak , thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
188 Posts
It is three month earlier than it was planned originally, years ago. The information from this year always talked about November deliveries. The already communicated planned production/delivery times are pretty certain not to move one way or another. (Unless something new breaks in a spectacular way, knows on wood)

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
It says in the article that the M50 delivered stateside will have 469 horsepower. Not 536/544???
I hope that's a typo!
It may be the difference between steady-state power and the "Sport Boost" function that gives you extra power for 10 seconds at the time. BMW does not say how much time the Sport Boost needs to recharge to the full 10 seconds.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It may be the difference between steady-state power and the "Sport Boost" function that gives you extra power for 10 seconds at the time. BMW does not say how much time the Sport Boost needs to recharge to the full 10 seconds.
Understood, that's what I was hoping!
Just the same, I sent an instant message to the guy who wrote the article to make sure nothing has changed for us on this side of the pond!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Is that 9.8 m/s2? Would make sense, 75kg x 9.8 m/s2 x 1m/s = 735 N.m/s = 735W. Now how did they come up with the imperial horsepower?
Yes, 9.80665 m/s2 according to Wikipedia. Imperial horsepower is defined in pound and feet, the commonly used units at that time. I would assume the metric horsepower was later defined to be close in value.

Interestingly legend says that the unit became popular because it allowed steam engine manufacturers to show their customers how much they could save by replacing their existing horses. Marketing was not invented in the 20th century.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts