BMW i4 Forum banner

BMW i4 eDrive40 Eibach kit

21K views 135 replies 24 participants last post by  toosteeley 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. Finally Eibach is the first to introduce sping kit for the eDrive40. It is 30mm at the front and 25-30 at the rear.

Part code No is E10-20-053-01-20.

I already emailed Eibach in Germany and they confirmed it with the following restictions.

18Without levelling control.
20Except vehicels with 4WD.

Does any i4 has leveling control?

Soon it will be at their website too.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
What is damper control? Adaptive M suspension? I have that and really hope this works for my car 🙏
In my opinion it is a general restriction they have to put it. It does not apply strictly for the car but for some cars in general. For example X5 can be level controlled from inside the car. Or this is what I wish for because I will probably order the kit before I receive the car!!!

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Normally, I‘ll pick up my car tomorrow, lowered :) I’ll post some pic’s asap
Can't wait me too!! I have the set delivered to my office but the car has still no production date!! LOL

And the even worst, I have been on the edge to order a set of Schnitzer since I love the stance on his springs. So your photos will make me decide!!

Discussion starter · #47 ·
I'm wondering if the e40 lowering kit will be compatible with the e35 with non M Adaptive suspension? Anyone know which lowering springs/links will work for the e35?
I really doubt it. Weight is different so you have to wait for a kit to come out. EDrive35 is so new, they need some time to develop.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Do you happen to know the weight diff between the 2?

I have a feeling manufacturers might use the same spring for e35/e40. I might have to experiment with some of the offerings out there, until a specific application comes out. May have to reach out to some of the local manufacturers to see if I can be the R&D car for the e35. Just a slight to moderate drop makes a world of diff, and is usually always one of my first mods.
2125 for the eDrive40 and 2065 for the eDrive 35. The data is from ev-database. I think the difference is big in order to be suitable.

Discussion starter · #73 ·
Well i’m in the usa and just bought the european ser from @nikmi ( thank you) amd got them yesterday!! Woohooooo
Will find time to install them this weekend and let you know.. not sure if the first i4 40 with eibach suspension in the usa 😜
Great you enjoyed them my friend!! For the record I canceled my i4 order because I couldn’t wait anymore.
Wait for more detailed photos when you can!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.