BMW i4 Forum banner

BMW i4 eDrive40 Eibach kit

21K views 135 replies 24 participants last post by  toosteeley 
I'm in the US and really want to lower my car. It's the 2023 BMW i4 eDrive40 with MSport package.
I'm looking at Eibach E10-20-053-01-20 and wondering if this would work if my car came with Adaptive M Suspension.

I purchase this car from a canceled order and under features and options lists Adaptive M Suspension.

Didn't look all that, and I have gone over others (I'm at 8,500+ miles), but that one nailed me and frankly made me angry!
Bummer... My prior car was much lower than the pictures shown for the Eibach lowering kit for the i4, and yes it can be annoying to drive/maneuver steep driveways and bumps/humps (But I let my front lip take all the damage)...

However, this car just sits way too high in my opinion... (maybe I was too used to my prior F30, with a finger gap between tire and fender)

So this is all you need to order? No any extra parts? I also have m-sport

I am pretty sure I have the adaptive suspension, and that page says not suitable for adaptive suspension
Yep, that's all!
Dropped the car about an inch. Rear links will need to be adjusted accordingly to match front drop. (front wheel will have slight negative camber, but really unnoticeable)

Makes the car look more OEM + (I can barely fit 2 fingers between the gap now, instead of like 4)

And, already scrapped my aftermarket front lip... but the springs were worth it!

I ordered. Just haven’t to install. getting about $830 for install and alignment. Need to make sure to get the lights adjusted
If you're in SoCal, my guy installed for $300. Going to drive it about 500 miles before alignment, should be another $100.

Do you have to adjust the lights?

When you lower the vehicle, the lights should be adjusted according to a previous post here and a friend of mine who is a mechanic for them. I guess the lights cover a certain range based off the factory angle they’re set at. So lowering the car lowers the angle so your lights point lower.

I have not researched this though. This is my deduction from the conversation I had with him and from what I remember about a post on here. If someone here is more accurate, please enlighten us both.

$300 sounds too good to be true. Almost untrustworthy. But at least you got a huge deal
Yea, he was the cheapest and had done couple of i4's, so I just took it to him. Basically just him in a small shop so I guess there wasn't much overhead cost there.

and...Got it! I didn't think of factoring in headlight adjustment. The guy matched the rear drop as exactly with the front springs drop, measuring constantly with a ruler, so I just assumed I didn't have to adjust my headlights because there shouldn't really be a change in angle.

I'll go check my headlights against my garage door today, I may actually need to get them adjusted after alignment. Thanks for the tip.

No problem. As long as I’m pointing you in the right direction. Where is your guy located? Did you put up post install photos?
I'll try taking pictures later, but this one was right after install.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Sky

Here's the guys contact:

Bintoro "Ben" Chen
RG Sport
1442 Arrow Hwy, Unit H
Irwindale, CA 91706
ph. 626-217-2161
fax. 626-626-7178
http://www.rgsport.com
https://www.rgsportshop.com
Instagram: RG Sport (@RGSport_USA) • Instagram photos and videos <RG Sport (@RGSport_USA) • Instagram photos and videos>
Facebook: RG Sport <RG Sport>

Well, that ain't an option for me so I'll hold off until some other people get the car lowered successfully with adaptive suspension. Keep us updated if all stays well with the springs!
Just curious, what issues would lowering 3/4 to 1 inch thru springs and smaller links cause on the dampening system?
Plus our cars are EDC, so it's electronically controlled.
I wouldn't worry about it, the springs and dampening system aren't even connected, more parallel each other.

What would be considered a successful lowering kit, if that kit still only comes with spring and links?

I don't know, I'm not good with cars. I just see the screenshot from that page I linked and it says not suitable, that's all I'm thinking about :(
@Don Juan successfully installed on his e40 MSport so I just went with it, since it was such a great value @ less than $300 from that site (<$300 vs >$1000 for coilover kit for barely 1 inch drop). Assumed setup should be similar to m50 w/ adaptive. @Techwhiz1 seems to have installed successfully for his m50 w/ adaptive, so I'm pretty sure it will be fine for you as well, if you're still on the fence.

M Performance would be considered a standard damper for my car. There is no other damper on an M50.

I have a link for the German site somewhere.

2023 M50 - Tanzanite over tartufo full individual leather, 20" wheels, fully loaded.
Was your Eibach product number E10-20-053-01-20, for your kit?

I guess what I want to ask is, is dampening the same as suspension.

I have the dynamic handling package, which comes with "M Adaptive Suspension", does this mean I have standard dampening and can use the kit you linked
My understanding is that the M Adaptive Suspension is the electronic dampening system for the BMW, that has been for years. It's what helps dampens and softens your ride in comfort mode. Either you have it or not, just 2 options...

With that said... when installing this kit, I still feel the difference from changing from Sport to Comfort mode. I doubt the kit will cause pre-mature wear and tear on the dampening system...but I'm no expert as well...

Here is a 2020 article regarding the Adaptive M Suspension

States they are Electronically controlled shock absorbers

BTW can you link your aftermarket front lip lol
It's some cheap AliExpress lip.
Gloss Black option:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2wCl3YE&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

If you're interested the spoiler was from aliexpress too.
Here's my thread:

I'm on 10mm and 13mm
How is the ride? I'm looking for a verys similar setup. AC Schnitzer lowering and VMR V804 wheels in 19" with 10mm spacers all around.

Do you have problems with speedbumps and steep parking garage entries? IS the ride much stiffer?
It's roughly less than an inch drop, the stiffness is there but the difference is not by much. I can feel the roughness on the freeway a bit more than before on Sport mode, but changing back to comfort pretty much dulls that pretty good. Basically, you won't feel a huge change in stiffness, I didn't. (i'm on 19's with 10mm rear and 13mm front).

I try to avoid anything steep for I also have an aftermarket lip installed, and I also take precautions on bumps (slowing down and approaching bumps at an angle)

However, the downside is now all your tires will be at a negative camber. Be prepared to change your tires sooner then expected, re-alignment doesn't help that much.

Here's my alignment for i4 eDrive40 Msport
Most is considered "within spec" but the right front camber was just a slight negative out of spec... but .03ish difference on each side on the front isnt something that will bother me alarmingly. I'll just buy different set of tires next time, which will be stated to have more life compared to the Pirellis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.