BMW i4 Forum banner

BMW i4 eDrive40 Eibach kit

21K views 135 replies 24 participants last post by  toosteeley 
Ok Back from vacation...drove the car today to the grocery store and back and was too bumpy having it that low..so i adjusted the links a tad higher and now it is perfect.. feels solid and just a bit harder than before, but it tracks better around corners...and the looks now are more pleasing than the 4x4 look it had before :D..Don't understand why BMW have this car sitting so high and even with the Msport pack... :rolleyes:
Many thanks for Nikmi for selling me his Kit all the way from Greece (y)
Factory

View attachment 25794

well here is how it was after i installed it the first time ..notice the rears were very low
View attachment 25795

And this one is after adjusting the link a tad higher. Which i think it looks the best :cool:
View attachment 25796
Here are the links
View attachment 25797

Some Other angle photos
View attachment 25798 View attachment 25799 View attachment 25800
Yeah that’s sitting just right. Some of these websites selling that kit don’t have pictures of the links and don’t have them in the description. I’m convinced. Rims come this week so I’ll see how well it looks stock

If you're in SoCal, my guy installed for $300. Going to drive it about 500 miles before alignment, should be another $100.

Do you have to adjust the lights?
When you lower the vehicle, the lights should be adjusted according to a previous post here and a friend of mine who is a mechanic for them. I guess the lights cover a certain range based off the factory angle they’re set at. So lowering the car lowers the angle so your lights point lower.

I have not researched this though. This is my deduction from the conversation I had with him and from what I remember about a post on here. If someone here is more accurate, please enlighten us both.

$300 sounds too good to be true. Almost untrustworthy. But at least you got a huge deal

Yea, he was the cheapest and had done couple of i4's, so I just took it to him. Basically just him in a small shop so I guess there wasn't much overhead cost there.

and...Got it! I didn't think of factoring in headlight adjustment. The guy matched the rear drop as exactly with the front springs drop, measuring constantly with a ruler, so I just assumed I didn't have to adjust my headlights because there shouldn't really be a change in angle.

I'll go check my headlights against my garage door today, I may actually need to get them adjusted after alignment. Thanks for the tip.
No problem. As long as I’m pointing you in the right direction. Where is your guy located? Did you put up post install photos?

I'll try taking pictures later, but this one was right after install.
View attachment 27517

Hmmm irwindale just 30 minutes. Do you happen to live nearby there?

Here's the guys contact:

Bintoro "Ben" Chen
RG Sport
1442 Arrow Hwy, Unit H
Irwindale, CA 91706
ph. 626-217-2161
fax. 626-626-7178
http://www.rgsport.com
https://www.rgsportshop.com
Instagram: RG Sport (@RGSport_USA) • Instagram photos and videos <RG Sport (@RGSport_USA) • Instagram photos and videos>
Facebook: RG Sport <RG Sport>

I don't know, I'm not good with cars. I just see the screenshot from that page I linked and it says not suitable, that's all I'm thinking about :(
I saw the same thing and still ordered. Earlier post in this thread had some confusion over what it really meant. But people have ordered installed. I’m going to install. I understand the worry. But others have done it

How is the ride? I'm looking for a verys similar setup. AC Schnitzer lowering and VMR V804 wheels in 19" with 10mm spacers all around.

Do you have problems with speedbumps and steep parking garage entries? IS the ride much stiffer?
The ride is more firm for sure. The word “stiff “ May scare you away so I think firm is more accurate. In comfort Mode there is a minimal difference I can tell, however that’s because I’m looking for any change since the install. You will notice the difference in sport without a doubt. I’ve crossed over elevated rail road tracks and didn’t bottom out or come at them at an angle (slowed down to 20mph or slightly less)-

I have crossed over speed bumps straight on. “Steep”May be subjective. I’m not sure what you may consider steep, however my in-laws drive way has a decent grade in my opinion and I get in and out without scraping. Haven’t done a parking garage. I’ll have to test if I ever go to LA. The rear should be adjustable if it’s not your height, if I’m not mistaken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.