BMW i4 Forum banner

BMW i4 eDrive40 Eibach kit

21K views 135 replies 24 participants last post by  toosteeley 
I don't get it. As far as I know, all the i4 have air suspension and levelling control. I have the eDrive40 without M sport package and without the adaptive suspension and sometimes when I park the car, the rear suspension is lowering itself. Therefore, it has some kind of levelling control. Or is that something else? I thought the idea of the air suspension in all i4's is to keep the same height when fully loaded.

Thanks.

I don't think 60kg/132lbs is that big of a diff for lowering springs... but in reality, it prob throws everything off a bit, in regards to weight distribution/handling, ride comfort, etc.

Thanks. I thought they might make a suitable application for both. I'm a bit surprised with just 2 springs for the front axle? Anybody have more info on how that works? Using lowering springs just for the front axle only, also alters the rear air suspension on it's own?
All i4 have an air suspension in the rear, hence, it can lift and lower itself. With the control rods that are included with the spring kit you can adjust the standard height to be lower. Therefore, only front springs are needed.

The OEM control rods are swapped with the AC Schnitzer ones and "fake" a new standard height that is adjustable with the control rods.

How is the ride? I'm looking for a verys similar setup. AC Schnitzer lowering and VMR V804 wheels in 19" with 10mm spacers all around.

Do you have problems with speedbumps and steep parking garage entries? IS the ride much stiffer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.