BMW i4 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 136 Posts
@Techwhiz1 certainly has adaptive on his M50.
I have adaptive and Eibach said the kit is for an M50.

I also have the TÜV certification for the spring kit for the car. ACS also has a kit for adaptive suspension and it's just springs and links. They also have the TÜV certification.

It still rides well. Sport is a little stiffer, but that's to be expected. Turn in is better and the car feels really solid.

I exclusively drive in sport mode. Why?
Because I'm coming from a bunch of M cars but my last was a 335i on B8's and M-Sport springs. I like the way it feels in sport mode.

I set the individual options for sport suspension and steering when I picked up the car and never looked back.

2023 M50 - Tanzanite over tartufo full individual leather, 20" wheels, fully loaded.

Reactions: CEDDY
Just curious, what issues would lowering 3/4 to 1 inch thru springs and smaller links cause on the dampening system?
Plus our cars are EDC, so it's electronically controlled.
I wouldn't worry about it, the springs and dampening system aren't even connected, more parallel each other.

What would be considered a successful lowering kit, if that kit still only comes with spring and links?
I don't know, I'm not good with cars. I just see the screenshot from that page I linked and it says not suitable, that's all I'm thinking about :(

I don't know, I'm not good with cars. I just see the screenshot from that page I linked and it says not suitable, that's all I'm thinking about :(
@Don Juan successfully installed on his e40 MSport so I just went with it, since it was such a great value @ less than $300 from that site (<$300 vs >$1000 for coilover kit for barely 1 inch drop). Assumed setup should be similar to m50 w/ adaptive. @Techwhiz1 seems to have installed successfully for his m50 w/ adaptive, so I'm pretty sure it will be fine for you as well, if you're still on the fence.

I saw the same thing and still ordered. Earlier post in this thread had some confusion over what it really meant. But people have ordered installed. I’m going to install. I understand the worry. But others have done it

What page are you linking to that says "not suitable"?

2023 M50 - Tanzanite over tartufo full individual leather, 20" wheels, fully loaded.

This one scroll all the way down to the FAQ:

Eibach Springs E10-20-053-01-20 for BMW i4 (tunershop.com)

Even on your link. it says "All products are tested and fitted with Standard dampers."

So idk if that means not for M suspension or not

Even on your link. it says "All products are tested and fitted with Standard dampers."

Yes, it is unclear. After I found a web browser able to render the Q&A section at the bottom of the page, the answers were not succinct; not confidence-inspiring enough for me to place an order. Also the photos are not representative.

What they need to provide is not a narrative about it, but a concise compatibility chart accompanied by photos of the actual product (that is, the full set of parts you would receive):

model year [202x OR all]
model [i4]
model variant [M50, eDrive40, eDrive35]
M-Sport suspension [yes OR no]

M Performance would be considered a standard damper for my car. There is no other damper on an M50.

I have a link for the German site somewhere.

M Performance would be considered a standard damper for my car. There is no other damper on an M50.

Was your Eibach product number E10-20-053-01-20, for your kit?

I guess what I want to ask is, is dampening the same as suspension.

I have the dynamic handling package, which comes with "M Adaptive Suspension", does this mean I have standard dampening and can use the kit you linked

I guess what I want to ask is, is dampening the same as suspension.

I have the dynamic handling package, which comes with "M Adaptive Suspension", does this mean I have standard dampening and can use the kit you linked
My understanding is that the M Adaptive Suspension is the electronic dampening system for the BMW, that has been for years. It's what helps dampens and softens your ride in comfort mode. Either you have it or not, just 2 options...

With that said... when installing this kit, I still feel the difference from changing from Sport to Comfort mode. I doubt the kit will cause pre-mature wear and tear on the dampening system...but I'm no expert as well...

Here is a 2020 article regarding the Adaptive M Suspension

States they are Electronically controlled shock absorbers

Reactions: Asianrage
Yep, that's all!
Dropped the car about an inch. Rear links will need to be adjusted accordingly to match front drop. (front wheel will have slight negative camber, but really unnoticeable)

Makes the car look more OEM + (I can barely fit 2 fingers between the gap now, instead of like 4)

And, already scrapped my aftermarket front lip... but the springs were worth it!
BTW can you link your aftermarket front lip lol

BTW can you link your aftermarket front lip lol
It's some cheap AliExpress lip.
Gloss Black option:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2wCl3YE&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

If you're interested the spoiler was from aliexpress too.
Here's my thread:

How is the ride? I'm looking for a verys similar setup. AC Schnitzer lowering and VMR V804 wheels in 19" with 10mm spacers all around.

Do you have problems with speedbumps and steep parking garage entries? IS the ride much stiffer?

I'm on 10mm and 13mm
How is the ride? I'm looking for a verys similar setup. AC Schnitzer lowering and VMR V804 wheels in 19" with 10mm spacers all around.

Do you have problems with speedbumps and steep parking garage entries? IS the ride much stiffer?
It's roughly less than an inch drop, the stiffness is there but the difference is not by much. I can feel the roughness on the freeway a bit more than before on Sport mode, but changing back to comfort pretty much dulls that pretty good. Basically, you won't feel a huge change in stiffness, I didn't. (i'm on 19's with 10mm rear and 13mm front).

I try to avoid anything steep for I also have an aftermarket lip installed, and I also take precautions on bumps (slowing down and approaching bumps at an angle)

However, the downside is now all your tires will be at a negative camber. Be prepared to change your tires sooner then expected, re-alignment doesn't help that much.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.