BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
i4 M50
34 Posts
Still M50 is the way to go for me. Ordering M50 gave me a lot of features that are not included as standard in i40 and adding them would top up price to M50 model. On top driving RWD in the snow with so much power would not be fun.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Most reviews on the 40 are made with the optional M sport package - not the standard version.

With that package you are so close to the M50 pricing that it is hard to resist the 4wd needed for winter season.
That depends on the country/market.At my dealer configuration on an m50 with options that I selected and ordered with my edrive40 is a 8000 euro difference plus the difference in range(difference will be significant ,because more power more electricity will be needed for feeding
that power).
Another important aspect ia the waiting period ,if I ordered the M50 I would not receive it in 2022 my 29 October order is schedule for production in week 3 of 2022 .

·
Registered
330e
15 Posts
I agree,
8000€ is al lot of money for a traffic light sprint .. and less range. Even a 2nd hand car for somebody.

But I don't understand that you have an ETA of jan 2022, where others who ordered in August, don't know their ETA ..
Strange things in the order processing

·
Registered
27 Posts
From my understanding there are production slots allocated to Country/dealer and I was the second person who ordered from my dealer but I was the first who payed 20% same day and the car will be payed full at delivery no lease or credit and last but no least I'm a lucky guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts