BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Hi,
Here is your video detective again. What will the M50 do with 0 % battery.. lol
Enjoy!
I'm so happy my favorite channels are starting to have access to the i4! Kyle Conner, R Symons, then hopefully soon, Schmee (Schmee150), Raz Roken (Remove Before Race), and the ones I'm most eager to see, Chris Harris (Top Gear) and the Canadian Thomas Holland and James Engelsman (Throttle House)!

Registered
I4M50
180 miles range - that鈥檚 290 km - quite expected in such a cold weather with some speedy driving.

A Swedish car journal recently tested EV cars in cold temperatures and observed -35% to -40% of announced WLTP consumption figures.
The Tesla Model Y Long Range ie had a consumtion of 2,57kw/10km (announced 1,69). The Tesla M was tested some months ago also with disappointing figures compared to announced.
Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel

By the way, I鈥檓 happy to hear him say the I4 feels like a larger and more comfortable car than the M Performance - a true GT!

Registered
I4M50
From google translate:

When the temperature creeps down to minus 20 degrees, we see that consumption increases so sharply that the range decreases to about 60-65 percent of the specified WLTP range. On the way home from 脜re, it is warmer, almost zero degrees, but we do not get the extended range figures we thought and hoped for. Even though it is about 15 degrees warmer than on the ascent, the cars can only handle 3-4 km longer per charge. It is only a few days later, when it has been around five plus degrees, that we see that the range figures return to normal (which is certainly far from the WLTP figures).
From this test, we take with us the knowledge that the electric cars are still not fully mature for longer winter trips. If there are more than 300 km between the fast charging stations, larger batteries are required.鈥

Registered
The great news though is that even at 0% SOC, it slows down but still carries you forward for another 5 miles! I'm not sure what car Mat Watson drove that just dies and let you stranded when reaching 0% SOC.

Registered
2021 X5 45e
The great news though is that even at 0% SOC, it slows down but still carries you forward for another 5 miles! I'm not sure what car Mat Watson drove that just dies and let you stranded when reaching 0% SOC.
There was also a Russian blogger testing ix50. He was surprised he still could move the car after it said it has died. The car stopped and after one minute he decided to try again and could safely drive from the speedway. If I remember correctly, he could also drive about 5 miles. Well done, bmw!

Registered
MB GLA
There was also a Russian blogger testing ix50. He was surprised he still could move the car after it said it has died. The car stopped and after one minute he decided to try again and could safely drive from the speedway. If I remember correctly, he could also drive about 5 miles. Well done, bmw!
On the other way he try to show the acceleration on Sport mode with the gear shift on B instead of D, As you know B shift is to increase the regeneration and distance of driving so it.is not allowing strong start to preserve the battery! That's the problem with bloggers they are not all aware on the particularities on the car that they are testing so do not trust everything that they says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts