BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an idea about how much the i4 is going to cost? I would have to think it's going to be priced somewhere underneath the Model S.

Car and Driver estimates a price tag of around $50,000.
EV Database estimates a price of €65,000 ($75,459 US) for Europe.

If I were to guess, I think it's going to be about $65,000 US, but the price is going to rise quickly with options. $50,000 seems too low for BMW but I'd be more than happy if they proved me wrong.

· Registered
34 Posts
I believe that legacy EV maker (!) Tesla is setting the price range. I would say that 10 000 euros above equivalent Tesla model 3 is absolutely the highest possible price. With this math, price for m50 would be under 75 000 euros in Europe. Also, above that e-tron gt and base Taycan are just too close.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that legacy EV maker (!) Tesla is setting the price range. I would say that 10 000 euros above equivalent Tesla model 3 is absolutely the highest possible price. With this math, price for m50 would be under 75 000 euros in Europe. Also, above that e-tron gt and base Taycan are just too close.
I agree, I don't think BMW should price the i4 M anywhere close to the e-tron GT and Taycan.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be interesting to see how close the lower priced i4 will be to the Kia EV6 First Edition which is going to be $58,500 MSRP. I know they are different form factor but overall length and range is similar.
Yeah I was shocked when I saw number from Kia. If the i4 is anywhere close to this they're really shooting themselves in the foot.

· Registered
11 Posts
I normally get a nice diplomatic discount at BMW (up to 25%) but for the i4 they have informed me they can't offer the diplomatic discount for the i4. So at least in The Netherlands it's not business as usual. Would be very interesting to see what kind of discounts others receive.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.