BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wondering who noticed consumption figures?
I noticed Thomas from Autogefuhl showing quite low and Bjørn showing almost 30
Anyone else reported on that?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Typical Bjørn - I wish his car had a tow hitch- you would have heard about Anhängerkupplung with his accent 😂😂 and i still can’t believe he didn’t find the tow eye loop and did his “what the heck is is? A weapon??”
Let's have a ...Betting contest! How many banana boxes the i4 could fit!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bonus video from Bjorn:

We all are too quick for our own sake! :D

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
195 Posts
:ROFLMAO:This one had me laughing multiple times from start to finish. Like the inner child doing a review purely based on impulses and basic emotions. No details whatsoever - just blunt grunt and oh's- and ah's. Fan-tas-tic. The tone was set when he opened the door of the car at 1:00 and said "oh yeah... you like that shit? you like that shit? Followed by an epic amount of braking and flooring in the middle of the road underlined by a couple of "Wholy macaroly's". And don't miss the section at 7:00 either. This guy is a legend amongst the professionals I think :D
Because you like it so much, here’s more!! 😀

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bjorn must have 1000 views from our forum alone from the double/triple/quadruple reposts of his reviews! :D

When I first saw him I said ..they should put THAT guy and Matt Watson of carwow together to present ...Top Gear! (Although the show then will become PG13 maybe even R)!

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
195 Posts
Carwow is up

0-100km/h in 3.6 sec with the timing gear.
Good review and same 0-100 as the m3 which is amazing.

I had also a small sickness feeling while accelerating in a Tesla 3P and after a Tesla S 75d test drive.

The acceleration and lack of noise can be disturbing for driver and passenger also. Also noticed (less) on the Audi etron 55 I tested.

I only recall having a similar feeling driving fast karts for a while.

·
Registered
MB GLA
76 Posts
Typical Bjørn - I wish his car had a tow hitch- you would have heard about Anhängerkupplung with his accent 😂😂 and i still can’t believe he didn’t find the tow eye loop and did his “what the heck is is? A weapon??”
Wow what a day that we got! Bravo BMW 😀

·
Registered
22 Posts
i4 has too many compromises imho (derived from combustion platform). So so range, modest space and not a cool sporty chassis/direction configuration.
I will have to look elsewhere or wait for the new platform in 2025.
I feel the same. But then my preference is the eDrive40, will wait for the review on that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wondering who noticed consumption figures?
I noticed Thomas from Autogefuhl showing quite low and Bjørn showing almost 30
Anyone else reported on that?
There were some reviewers (like Bjørn) driving the i4 from Munich to Berchtesgaden with a height difference of 550 meters upwards. Others (like Autogefühl) took the iX from Munich and the i4 back the next day, which would be downwards. The terrain has more hills around Berchtesgaden which will eat into range. Bjørn shows the overall consumption for the entire trip:

Atmosphere World Font Science Astronomical object

Autogefühl shows data for a lesser distance, 100km vs 180km, perhaps he reset the data to remove the effects of the hills:

Gadget Font Electric blue Multimedia Display device

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
There were some reviewers (like Bjørn) driving the i4 from Munich to Berchtesgaden with a height difference of 550 meters upwards. Others (like Autogefühl) took the iX from Munich and the i4 back the next day, which would be downwards. The terrain has more hills around Berchtesgaden which will eat into range. Bjørn shows the overall consumption for the entire trip:

View attachment 1911

Autogefühl shows data for a lesser distance, 100km vs 180km, perhaps he reset the data to remove the effects of the hills:

View attachment 1912
A view more Points about the consumption:
  • Those Wheels are 20" 285 in the Back and 20" 245 in the Front. Thats what a Tycan Turbo Comes with, neither the Model 3 Performance nor the Polestar 2 Performance can be ordered in a wheel configuration that big.

• On top of driving up hill they were also driving a decent amount of Autobahn with sections above 200kmh. That has nothing to do with the normal Tests we regular see Bjorn or others do, the Consumption of an EV goes right through the roof at those speeds. Here is a Carwow Video emptying a Model 3 Long range in about 1h on the Autobhan. The average Speed is still only 113km/h but consumption is 43kwh/100km:

• Changing the Tires to 19" 245, removing the spoiler and the fender flares nets you 20% higher WLTP range in the Configurator.

·
Registered
35 Posts

View attachment 1911

View attachment 1912
Myeah the way I see it is - in that terrain with that dynamic driving mostly in sport boost it’s normal you would do 300km instead of claimed 500. This being said - no different vs ICE cars and initial claimed consumption figures vs real life driving. will have to wait for further reviews but I’d personally like to see the range in a single trip 100 to 10percent in eco mode, mostly highway at a steady 120-140 to understand what that means. And also some more on the navigation options that shows available charging stations and the dynamic interaction.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone know what is going on with carwows test car? Is it purple ? Is it the frozen portimao in dark weather/rain? Is it some kind of filter?

🤔🤔

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone know what is going on with carwows test car? Is it purple ? Is it the frozen portimao in dark weather/rain? Is it some kind of filter?

🤔🤔
If you ask me it’s a consciously made filter gimmick so that it catches the eye and attracts viewers to the carwow review , as everyone had the same car same color same day- looking at the 700k views in a day I’d say it’s a success!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Smart clickbait i suppose.. 😂

I would love to see a purple non individual like on the 2 series. Abit less neon ish than the carwow edit i guess would be nice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Off-topic, but is it just me or has everyone binged the reviews yesterday evening in multiple languages to the point of being discusted when they repeat the standard stuff you already knew and the previous guy said 🧐. Things I can’t hear anymore : it’s not a proper M, it’s heavy, it’s expensive, hans zimmer, tesla model 3, I’m 2m35 and so are my children and knee room is thight in the back. The steering has no feeling but its perfect, ios fokkin 8, more tesla model 3. It’s like a 340i but it has a hatch so more like a 4GC (this one annoys me the most actually). For fks sake- tell us about your whiplash - do you get goosebumps, are you scared when pressing the pedal, are people outside scared, did you race with anyone in a ICE during your trip, how was the Kempinski in Bayern, anything

21 - 40 of 58 Posts